U.S. Mid-Atlantic States Blizard 2016

Ummm… I think you have the wrong guy! :laughing: They are both “Weathermen”, but each had/have waaaaay different agendas.

http://www.wunderground.com/about/jmasters.asp

As opposed to:

1 Like

Ahhh… I understand now Bill Ayer’s personally had nothing to do with it’s origination, but according to wiki:

“founded in 1995 as an offshoot of the University of Michigan’s Internet weather database. The name is a reference to the 1960s militant radical student group the Weather Underground, which also originated at the University of Michigan.”

4 Likes

For those of you that are stuck, please take care of yourselves. I just saw some heartbreaking photos of a home about 15 miles from me. They had a fire and by the time the firetrucks could get up their driveway, it was a total loss.

Stay warm and stay safe.

2 Likes

Sounds like heaven to me.:slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Some of these pics of yours are gonna end up as backgrounds on my 'puter. Thanks for uploading!

2 Likes

There is something very serene after such force. Thanks for the pics.

2 Likes

Somebody make a vape!

3 Likes

Lol. If we could get to santa we could all go hang out at his place :wink:

5 Likes

There is enough room to land a helicopter in the front yard and y’all are more than welcome

2 Likes

Let me whip out my Heli… Wait, I guess the bank didn’t approve that loan yet!

I have a drone, but I don’t think it will carry my fat butt!

2 Likes

We are 1.8 miles from the main road but the main state road they say is not totally clear yet but it is passable with 4 wheel drive from what I am told. I was just told later today or early tomorrow for our road.

1 Like

Damn it man I was hopeful you would bring a good massage therapist I am in need of a good deep muscle rub O well back to the icy hot for relief. I can tell you one thing I am so sore it hurts to sit here and type right now. I for one have had enough white stuff for awhile.

2 Likes

I’ll bet. Before I seperated from my wife I had a nice hot tub. God I miss that thing!

1 Like

Finally for you viewing pleasure

My driveway the morning of day 4 this was 300 feet of 38 inch deep snow with a drift in the middle the was near 4 feet deep

Standing in the same spot as the pic above but zoomed in on the road

The path to the chicken coop

Now I can not leave you without a wildlife pic or 2

This is the first squirrel I have seen since the snow started. He grabs a piece of bread and runs up the tree and sits and eats it. This was shot at 40x zoom so not supper clear but you should be able to see him inside the red circle with the bread in his grip. I will try to get a few better shots for you later.

Off to my easy chair and lick my wounds and heal

6 Likes

Final update from very near to ground zero for this blizzard. This morning I was sitting drinking coffee still and this is what I saw.

Talk about a beautiful site first thing this morning a dozer clearing the road so we are now officially part of normal society once again

5 Likes