U.S. Mid-Atlantic States Blizard 2016

The morning after a beautiful sunrise

Snow total for us ended up between 36 and 42 inches depending where you measure

Now for the VAPE related comparison Evic VTC mini with @Alisa 's Bust-a-Nut

This is day two plowing our 300 foot long driveway and it will take at least one more day or more to get it clear

Zoomed in to show the road at the end

I can get the tractor down to the road and back but they are talking Tuesday or Wednesday before the road gets plowed so not in any hurry to get it done.

And this is the path to where the deer eat

What we feed the wildlife…This is bread that would otherwise end up in a landfill

Last but not least our little buddy the orphaned deer with fresh bread so he can eat without digging down to what was there before the storm

Life is good here in West Virginia and we are getting by comfortably slowly plugin away at getting out but truthfully not in any hurry as we stay very well prepared to deal with this kind of stuff it is just the way life is here on our rock pile others call mountains

10 Likes

Now I see why all the bread racks are empty at the grocery stores :wink:

3 Likes

Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing with us!

2 Likes

That first one was absolute beauty. Thanks for the pics and updates. Glad you and yours are OK

2 Likes

So, is there supposed to be a second round of storms ??? I know risk sounding like an idiot by asking this but i am semi-sheltered where i live. I’m in a small town, don’t have cable tv, don’t get a newspaper, don’t watch news online, etc…

1 Like

What? No internet? Say it isn’t so! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my opinion, you live a charmed life! :wink: The mainstream crap is way overrated!

Be thankful you aren’t inundated with the daily garbage which is pumped out every day on cable and other outlets! :poop:

I killed my TV over 10 years ago and don’t miss it, even for a second! :grinning:

As far as another snow storm is concerned… I have no clue what Mother Nature intends to sling at us, but, I’m not putting my sled away just yet! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well yeah i have internet but i apparently don’t know how to find a real weather forecast lmao. I’ve never had a need or a care to know what the weathers going to be like. Wake up in the morning and just deal with it whatever it is. Now that i discovered that the town i live in is severely crippled by 18 inches of snow, it could be nice to know when there might be more.

My facebook is flooded with warnings of snowpocalyspe 2 but you know how facebook is…

2 Likes

This is the only site you need to bookmark for weather info! Dead on info 24/7/365.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. That is exactly what i needed.

2 Likes

I am the same way. I don’t watch TV. My mom is always coming and telling me what the weather is going to be. What is going on in the news, who died (99.9% of the time it’s people I don’t know) etc. I always have to tell her I don’t care. But she insists on telling me things I don’t want to hear.

I had cable awhile back. I just can’t see paying for a service when there is never anything on there I want to watch. The only shows I ever try to catch is the Voice, and sometimes America’s got talent. And those are on Hulu. So my Hulu subscription is only active when those shows are on.

Otherwise I stay oblivious to the world around me. I have two real cares in this world. The lord above, and my family. Which mainly is only my 3 year old Son and my Mother. And I love ELR of course. I would be lost without this place it seems :wink:

5 Likes

I joined that crowd myself many years ago. When channels became a haven for reality TV shows. That was the last straw…

3 Likes

I still watch TV, but have a Roku and watch Netflix and Amazon Prime.
We ended up with 6 inches [Nashville]. I live rural and have a long driveway…usually a real snow shovel
is all it takes around here. I have a small Toro snow blower [never gets used] but thought I wouldn’t worry
about the buildup since I had the Toro…well, it broke the first 5 minutes…so it turned into a job that beat
my hiney up pretty well for my 70 yr old self. What a blessing though, my neighbor and his wife came over and
helped me with over half of it. They were returning a snow shovel I lent them a few days before when we only
got a couple of inches.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Agree 100% same site I use

@CarrieVapeZ calling for rain with the next one here.

Another beautiful sunrise to share this is the view I see in the AM drinking coffee

Well I got it plowed to the road but still waiting for the road to get done. I also made it to the chicken coop today to re-fill the automatic feeders and water. They are good for about 5 days now.

I did not snap anymore pics and I am wore out so maybe tomorrow going to kick back with a bowl of chili and cornbread and relax now and wait for the roads to get cleared.

I am glad you have all enjoyed the pics

6 Likes

The view from where you are is absolutely fantastic !!!

3 Likes

Damn man. Chili and Cornbread sounds so good right now. I may have to make a trip to the grocer.

3 Likes

Good thing we have a very well stocked pantry cause we ain’t getting out any time real soon.

The National Weather Service reported the town of Glengarry West Virginia about 3 to 5 miles by air from my location was ground ZERO for the worst snow from this storm with 42 inches officially.

3 Likes

Same boat here, the state plowed the main road…it is 3 miles away. I just tried to get to it. HAHAHA. uh huh.
a 1 min drive turned into an all day sucker. Got stuck going out, got stuck trying to get back. Finally got home. I’m here till they plow the road. :slight_smile: My feelings aren’t hurt I can tell you that. LOL
I’ve turned into a real homebody.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the radical left-wing terrorist Bill Ayer’s site?

2 Likes