Ugh! Why so basic?

I just wanted to rant to some people that might understand my struggle. So as of late i’ve been mixing for some friends. I’m happy to do it exp because the only vape shop in town is a bit on the costly side. They have house juice 250ml bottles for 100$ including tax. I can sell 100ml for 15$ and still make some $ for myself.

The problem is all my friends just want basic fruit flavors. I mean it’s really not a huge issue but i feel like i can’t even mix to my full potential. A lot of times i kinda even make them buy more complex flavors lol. I’ll drop off two 100 ml bottles of simple fruit mixes than the extra mystery bottle. Yet try as i do i can’t seem to get them into bakery, cream, cereal, coffee, etc. Rant over thanks.

11 Likes

Heh, there’s no accounting for taste :wink: but the one rule of business is “sell what they’re buying”. We’ll be your fans for the fancy stuff. Hey, don’t get em hooked on Bust-A-Nut that’s 20% flavoring$!

12 Likes

My younger son shares the juice I make for him with his friends. Their most requested is 5% TPA Black Cherry. :unamused: I don’t consider myself accomplished enough to sell anything but I do trade a few odd grocery items for a 50 mil now and then, lol.

3 Likes

And that’s exactly why i couldn’t really mix as a business. Everyone i know is a 150w vapeing clouds bro. To make it even worse they all have the tfv8. I mean if you want to build cool coils n blow clouds that’s one thing. If your to lazy and dumb to build your cloud coils it’s just lame.

6 Likes

Just stick around here awhile and you’ll put mix master mike to shame lol.

4 Likes

Omg this hits home haha I have a customer who doesn’t know anything about vaping beyond fire button and inhale but insists he needs to vape at 150w and wants me to make him coils that’ll do it. And mount them and wick them for him. Doesn’t seem to matter how much I try to explain ohms law to him he doesn’t care to learn anything at all. So I just sell him my coils and tell him just shut up and put it to 60w and try it - annnnd he’s happy. Lol some people just don’t understand it isn’t all about wattage, lower watts can perform well also just depends on the coil used…
Also, I avoid the issue of simple flavors by complicating them anyway. Someone says they just want strawberry. Well strawberry bouts to be 2 or 3 strawberries with some sort of cream or marshmallow or other mouthful flavors to fluff it up some :wink: hah I just don’t let it be simple. It’s not fun if it’s too simple. I dove in the deep end with mixing and have only ever mixed a single flavor for someone once. I think it was gummy bear fw. Usually I just tell them about whatever I’ve been working on lately and they’re down to try it tho and one customer buys like 5-6 flavors at a time then writes up a little 1-5 rating for each for me hah

8 Likes

Also another example of a pita with mixing for friends. My buddy text me he need some juice i ask what’s he looking for. His response is i been vapeing a honey mix. I’m like np i can get ya a honey and cream mix whipped up for ya. He responded right on sounds legit. Do a mix of 2% la honey 3% cap cake b 2% fa catalina cream and 0.5 fa fresh cream. Taste test and its right what i had in mind, feeling super stoked about it. Drop it off at his house to find out it was a honeydew mix that he had been vapeing. Ugh!

6 Likes

That’s like a buddy of mine wraps giant 9 wrap 24g coils. I’ve explained to him time and time again about parallel builds. That with all those wraps he’s really only heating half the coil and that parallels would actually heat it evenly. But does he listen you can guess.

4 Likes

I know an older man who comes here every week to fill his tank (we’re talking Joyetech ego aio…) cause he can not seem to get it open. :roll_eyes: But he is vaping though - even if its just 2 ml a week.:slight_smile:

8 Likes

I feel that!

I mix for a colleague. her favorite is 8% mad-mix + 1% marshmallow… duuh

4 Likes

You just described my husband! :laughing: sometimes I care, sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I’m like “Just try it! There’s figs and cinnamon and cream, oh my!” and sometimes I’m like “meh, is faster to mix a simple little thing.”

The thing that would bother me the most is if they only ever requested simple and then kept buying juice from the vape shop without trying my more complex options.

4 Likes

Side note, I totally thought this thread was gonna be about Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes, Target, and yoga pants. :joy:

13 Likes

Mixing for my wife, she likes the more complex mixes. She really enjoys getting the different flavor profiles through inhale and exhale. She doe’s only enjoy fruit type recipes and has taken to liking any cream based ones. We worked on a recipe for her for over a few months. Each time she would be like maybe if it had a little more of this or less of that. We are at 10 flavors in her favorite recipe now and she can’t put that stuff down. She’ll go through 500mls every three weeks but I’m happy to make it for her (and me, that stuff is GOOD).

10 Likes

As always taste is subjective. More often than not after vaping a bunch of complex recipies I find that I crave my simple (5 ingredient) mixes.

The real other point I wanted to make was…sometimes the mixer enjoys the result more of a complex recpie because we know what it took to get it there. The addition of a coffee, a caramel, a cactus, and so on. We love how something changed by how we played with the balance of flavors…,

General guy off the street is just like thumbs up or down…or I like it, it’s a sweet fruit…but they can’t tell there is melon FA vs watermelon cap…just sweet. Or this is so smooth, or I like the clouds bro.

8 Likes

I totally agree with this.

7 Likes

Lmfao! :joy:

4 Likes

Nice rant! … and @BoDarc

They always want my adapted Unicorn Milk at about 25% Flavor. These people are steaming me out of house and home.

5 Likes

what flavor is unicorn milk? I have not had it yet.

3 Likes

Unicorn milk is essentially 500 different adaptations of strawberries and cream. lol

12 Likes

Some of us like the simpler flavors so I can pick out the flavor with my taste buds. I’m sure if i mix 1% of everything It would have some kind of flavor taste, but what would it taste like? for me mixing is attempting to mix a recognizable flavor. I like fruits. So I’ve tried to perfect “Grape”. mine is getting good, I still have a ways to go.

5 Likes