Unauthorized use of VGOD trademark :P

I particularly like this one from Jennifer Desangles-Winstead

You mad bro’??? In case you didn’t know. The DIY community is the tightest vaping community and likely the most aggressive. You just messed with the rebellion. Expect a huge waive of backlash and plenty of people targeting your product. This backlash won’t affect just your juice it affects your hardware and keep in mind DIY is international. I believe you have made a huge mistake targeting DIY.

24 Likes

<3 @TheJuiceFairy :smiley:

12 Likes

We need a soundtrack from John Williams, lol.

9 Likes

Let’s start with this!

14 Likes

The reality is that yellow has probably been contracted on a broad mandate by the brand, and they have not expressedly asked elr to be targeted in particular.
The problem is the automated nature of yellow’s request as identified by @daath.
My money is on, the request is baseless and the company will think twice about using them again.
I would suggest press coverage, and have passed on pointers to do so to Lars as that would give adequate publicity to the standards of work of the contractor.

8 Likes

It’s almost always too late for the “Law” lesson that happened over this …the Law of Unintended Consequences. In business you pick your battles and sometimes you have to “Go to the Mattresses”, but this C&D doesn’t even fit any of the criteria they allegedly focus on in their Yellow Brand product description. Someone is going to end up in Court over this …Yellow Brand vs VGOD. A perfect example of the Natural Law described above …a “Lose Lose” proposition. You can’t fix stupid, but you can sue Stupids pants off. Way to blunder YB and VGOD! [gets popcorn bucket]

13 Likes

Look before you send a threatening letter.

I guess automated laziness didn’t pay off this time.

ouch…

7 Likes

One possible scenario is they, VGOD are tired of the manufacturers cloning their mods so they hire Yellow.
Yellow goes golfing but has the mail room intern google the words VGOD and clone. Yellow then sends C&D letters to anyone and everyone that has those words listed on their website before investigating?:thinking:

9 Likes

The line in the Suit brought by VGOD against YB will predictably state “…Lack of Due Diligence” and “caused irreparable harm to the Brand”

10 Likes

It probably took a few minutes to put that list and letter together and click send, but only less than 24 hours to take what might be a serious beating for it.

8 Likes

For a Company who proposes they can protect you from Chinese Intellectual Property theft, could the name “Yellow Brand Protection” be any more racially insensitive? tsk tsk Looks like they can’t even protect themselves. What a great reference for their next Customer! This is a real Resume Builder in their portfolio …DeRp

Newest C&D letter being written at VGOD HQ… "Dear Yellow Brand, Please Cease and Desist “protecting” our Brand!

14 Likes

“Yellow Brand Protection We stop at Zero” LoLoL

stopping at zero? At least these two geniuses in Mom’s basement have a crystal ball… well maybe after the Lawsuit they’ll be stopping at a negative number :sunglasses:

sorry I’ve gone down the Rabid Hole

8 Likes

We stop at zero is a terrible motto indeed.

7 Likes

Specially if we talk about customer satisfaction or facebook rating :smiley:

7 Likes

@woftam Are you going to send that device in for warranty repair? :sunglasses:

14 Likes

I seriously doubt any mail room interns or any other humans was involved in this - this is very clearly an automated mail send by a robot that crawls the interweb searching for the words VGOD and CLONE.

But apart from that, yes, that is with 99.99% certainty what has happened here.

Am I also the only one that feels that some are overreacting just a tad bit here?
I mean, yes, mails like that is a nuisance, but they are also a dime a dozen, and it is Yellow and not VGOD themselves that are the offending party here, the only thing VGOD themselves have done wrong is to hire a questionable (but most likely cheap) company to protect their trademark.

Edit: There is of course also a possibility that I’m wrong, in which case VGOD deserves all the bad karma they can get :wink:

8 Likes

There is an argument for people hiring another organisation to do their bidding defining their mission sufficiently to avoid such things happening.
Not always applied when it comes ,say, to PMC in conflict zones. Examples are plenty so that one choses one that is not hitting uncomfortably close to home.
I think the community reaction is a great part of this story.

8 Likes

Heh heh heh…

I love this place.

11 Likes

I think it is a California based company, so a bit early for working hours still. However, there was a facebook post created about 1 hour ago, so someone might have noticed the dissatisfaction shown through the amount of bad reviews.

I expect that Daath will make a follow up as soon as he will get a reaction from them.

5 Likes

Thanks, man! I did a Google search and everyrthing pointed to Shenzen. I guess they manufacture there(?), but are in Cali. Thanks for the correction :slight_smile: I’ll delete that comment!

3 Likes