Unauthorized use of VGOD trademark :P

So I got an email today:

Along with a long list of URLs for recipes, discussion threads (even thread with vendors just selling VGOD equipment). They obviously scraped ELR and the forum for instances of VGOD (haha this thread will also show up I guess).

Currently considering how to phrase my reply to them :stuck_out_tongue:

18 Likes

Change VGod to Vajajay

8 Likes

If they took any legal action, would they be on the right side?

2 Likes

I doubt it. The recipes claim to be clones/replicas of their recipes.

4 Likes

Lol, I would be a smart ass

To whom it may concern ,

I understand your concern, there are no products sold on this public community site, but since you donā€™t want the word vgod mention on this community site and receive free advertisement. We a telling our community that they should never mention vgod products ever on this siteā€¦ or even suggest someone look at a vgod product ā€¦

Recipes with the name vgod in them, we have asked the creators of those recipes to change the name of there recipe.

Sincerely your,
Who cares who I am

10 Likes

The name itā€™s self is a trademarkā€¦ so using the name can be considered a violation of there trademark

2 Likes

Damn did a forum search for vgod, seems like a lot of vendors are advertising vgod productsā€¦ guess these vendors are not supposed to advertise vgod products in forums

3 Likes

Who likes free advertisement anyways :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Bunch of idiots trying to reach outā€¦ this is just stupid and I doubt they could pull this off. Itā€™s just bullying daath with threads of the force of law. Could be costly for him and for what purpose?

Companies who behave like this just put me off of buying their products. Itā€™s just nasty.

4 Likes

ELR is not a for-profit business. Iā€™d tell them to go pound sand. But then again I have a nasty case of donā€™t give a crap. I was telling @anon44012888 my guess is their lawyer said ā€œwe can send a C&D letter, but if they donā€™t heed it thereā€™s really nothing we can do.ā€

6 Likes

Furthermore, these recipes/clones are not for sale on ELR.

5 Likes

And they clearly indicate theyā€™re not ā€œthe real dealā€ by mentioning theyā€™re a CLONE!
If I google for VGOD e-liquid, I even have to scroll to page 7 to find the first result for this siteā€¦ Who the hell ever browses to page 7 when theyā€™re googling? lol

5 Likes

Actually I have used the same action in the past. With some legal advise on what I to doā€¦

Theyā€™ve taken the first step.

Next step could possibly contact the hosting provider if this server is hosted and shut the site down.

All depends on laws were site is hosted if itā€™s hostedā€¦

My previous comment was being a smart but towards them but it was also saying some sort action needs to be takenā€¦

2 Likes

Public discussion, freedom of speech, you can say anything as long as you donā€™t profit from itā€¦ :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

The site is hosted in the Netherlandsā€¦ I donā€™t think the American authorities will find the EU justice system to be quickly intimidated. This would probably have to be resolved in court before the server is shut down.

4 Likes

But all in all itā€™s @daath site. He has to decide what to do. And what actions to take if anyā€¦

Best advice I can say is

1. do as they ask
  2. contact yellow brand
  3. go over yellow brand head and contact vgod
2 Likes

Cross that brand from my ā€œto-buyā€ list.
Buncha butt-holesā€¦

15 Likes

Great. Now I wonā€™t by VGOD products or tide products despite how clean my shirt get.

6 Likes

Really donā€™t know anything about Vgod products other than , thx to this butthole action of theirs I wonā€™t ever own a vgod product . If they ever mail me a free product it will be imediatly filed in file 13

7 Likes

Iā€™m rather enjoying watching their FB page rating drop by the hour :slight_smile: They really fā€™d themselves by this petty BS! Iā€™m interested to see how they are rated by morning, with the amount of 1 stars they already received since your post.

This is what happens when you attack the community you are supposed to be a part of and support. Idiots

18 Likes

Yup. Meee too

6 Likes