Understanding nicotine %

Hi folks I’m new here and need some help as im not paying nearly £5 for a 10ml bottle of juice as its not working out cheaper than smoking lol.
So i cant get my head around this nicotine percentage i want to vape at 9mg so ive found this pre mix, i want to poor it into 100ml bottles then add a single flavour so is this giving me the right nicotine amout i desire ? Do i just add my 5ml of flavour art and bobs your uncle? I’m going to buy VG & PG in bulk later down the line along with nicotine (if i can) but need to get my head around mixing first. Like i said im new to diy mixing so don’t laugh and any help is appreciated

4 Likes

Hello, welcome to the forum @Mattyr
When you add flavors, you will lower the concentration of nicotine…
Let’s see… If you add 5ml of flavor in 100ml, it will drop 5%. 5% of 9 is 0.45. Using these parameters you are left with the final liquid at 8.55mg/ml of nicotine. I hope it is understood…

7 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply at last someone has put it simply i can manage with i small % decrease as over time i will be knocking the nicotine down. One again thanks for this my mind aint so pickled lol

4 Likes

I don’t think there is a difference between 8.45 and 9…

5 Likes

Don’t know whether I should put this up but save it quick works for me

6 Likes

Its saved m8 thanks👍

2 Likes

Its fine …Its helpful ty

3 Likes

@Mattyr Welcome to the forum and hope you find mixing as much fun as I have. I started DIY’ing about 16 months ago because there was a possibility of a flavor ban here in Denver, CO. Though it has not happened, I am thrilled to be mixing my own juice. WAY less expensive and way more fun. As an added bonus, the folks in this forum are outstanding. I’ve found so many helpful folks and truly enjoy being a member of this forum. Enjoy your DIY journey.

6 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

2 Likes