Uneducated on Glycerine

Well I dont know were I should be posting this question, so I’m sorry if I’m hurting the forum at all. So I have already made a purchase of (NOW® Solutions - Vegetable Glycerine) it stats that hypoallergenic and easily soluble in water‚ making it suitable for use in all of your favorite cosmetic applications. 100% Pure Vegetable Glycerine has a long shelf life and does not easily oxidize. It is an all-natural product derived from Non-GMO palm oil or vegetable oil.The vegetable glycerine contained in this product is considered food grade. Is this ok to use with mixing my first few batches of juice with? I’ve watched so many videos on how to make the juice, I under stand the process completely what no one ever seems to go over is the ingredients in depth, yes we know we need pg/vg nicotine and flavor, but is it a specific kind of pg/vg ? Maybe I’m all worked up over nothing but hey when your creating something to enter your lungs I feel you need to take all per cations extreme

1 Like

You definitely want USP grade VG and PG - Food grade is not enough. I do have a feeling that you’d be OK mixing with this until you get a better batch :smile:

2 Likes

You want something like this:

2 Likes

thank you for the link on the correct type to buy, but what is USP? what is the difference between the one I purchased and the USP?

2 Likes

From what I understand, and it’s not much, USP is pharmaceutical grade rather than just food grade. I believe they have higher/stricter standards for purity.

3 Likes

Usp is pharmaceutical grade. Cleaner than food grade. A lot of us use this place
http://www.essentialdepot.com/category/glycerin-components.html

Now vg is in fact a Usp grade vg however they changed their label. I called them way back in the day and they said they made a decision to change their label but there product is the same. I have used it plenty times off and on and it was fine. Just expensive.

3 Likes

USP stands for United States Pharmacopeia - in other words, it should be pharmaceutical grade :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for your help and quick responses ! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

What is your take on Vera cura glycerin Lars? I know you use it.

P. S. Thanks for the tip about buying the pumps with it :wink:

1 Like

any fellow UK mixers i highly recommend this eBay seller for VG, minerals-water.ltd fantastic price and quality liquid well worth having a look at

1 Like

My take? It’s good stuff - thick and clean :smile: Why? Are you having issues with it?

No sir not at all :slight_smile: actually like it a lot… Just wondering as it says 99.5% glycerin and have read someone saying to buy 99.8%

1 Like