United states vapors survey

Yep yep I hear ya ! Just say’n I too thought hmm …about it is all. I agree life is short make it sweet :sunny:

2 Likes

I’m only paranoid because I have family in the used car business.

3 Likes

Here is the full text of the email from CASAA: (and here’s a link to CASAA’s website if you are unfamiliar with their work)

The United States Vapers’ Survey

Dr. Christopher Russell, Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for Substance Use Research, along with a small team of researchers, has produced a survey for vapers in the United States. The information gathered will help present to regulators a more accurate picture about how people are using vapor products.

For those unfamiliar with Dr. Russell, you can learn more about his work here and here.

Your honest and accurate responses to this survey will contribute to a better understanding of your experience and preferences when it comes to e-cigarette use. This information is critical for the continuing conversation about sensible regulations and the role that vaping is playing in public health policy. The more people who take the survey, the more effective it is. So please do not just leave it to others.

Please take a few minutes now to complete the survey.

Take the Survey

Thank you for your participation,
CASAA

4 Likes

I received this also. I went ahead and did the survey. A few statements did throw up an alert in my head though. This one especially, " Fontem Ventures, a company that makes e-cigarettes, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Imperial Brands PLC (formerly Imperial Tobacco) provided funding for this study." I was thinking, oh really. But then I read the purpose of the survey,
"By taking this survey, you will be giving answers that will be put to regulators, scientists, the media and the general public as evidence of how and why millions of Americans vape."
I rationalized well if it does result in a informed opinion being published then good on them. From past experience opposition doesn’t use surveys, they just spew false truth at massive rates and let that poison flood the veins of the the world.

1 Like

You hit on the one point I was concerned about… “Tobacco Company paying for study”. You dont pay for something unless you have gazillions to gain by it.

I will not help them hurt me.

1 Like

You got me to thinking and if you’d like here are a couple of links and the email I received when I questioned CASAA about the fact that “big tobacco” was funding this

Dear Gary:

I want to start off by saying that I understand your concerns and think that in general, we’d all be better off to have a bit of healthy skepticism when it comes to research. There are a whole lot of researchers out there with an anti-vaping agenda, and their research reflects it.

The study you’re asking about is being conducted by Dr. Christopher Russell of the Centre for Substance Use Research, a researcher well known by CASAA. We vetted the study thoroughly, including its funding, to ensure that the research was honest and completely above-board and that the funder, Fontem Ventures, would have no control over the study design, data collection, analysis, or reporting.

If we didn’t believe this research would further our interests in having good, honest research, we certainly would not have asked our members to participate.

If you have any questions, you should feel free to contact Dr. Russell at russell@csures.org. You can also find out more about Dr. Russell at these two links:

http://substanceuseresearch.org/vapers-e-cigarettes/

You might also find the YouTube channel he created to share video testimonials of some interest: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJnOg5iEO7dWDsABskeAUw

Julie Woessner, Executive Director

CASAA

I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with those folks! You are a true warrior for the cause!

The fact is we are addicts, they know we are addicts. They know some of us are going to inhale “something” because some of us just have to do this to maintain calm or for whatever reason we love our habit.

There is nothing more profitable or more reliable of a customer than an addict and this is why this is happening. At the end of the day, for business this is about money. It’s always about money. Altria does not want to shut down their burning leaf factories and the patch makers don’t want to shut down their patch factories. The ecig business is now taking hold and they are at war with those folks for our addiction dollars.

It’s really is a matter of who wins. Why they cant just act like real mobsters and accept a cut is beyond me but… the big guys are going to cheat because that’s how big guys win.

From my perspective this is interference in my life and my choices. Those people got me hooked on those things, they have never given me a path off and I’m taking my own path. Maybe this will be the thing that finally makes me angry enough to stop doing all of it.

Just got this email from Dr. Russell today:

Dear Vaper,

You recently completed the United States Vapers’ Survey – thank you so much for sparing your time to answer our questions!

I’m writing to you to kindly ask you to spare five minutes to answer 12 questions about your views and likely responses to the FDA’s deeming regulations of e-cigarettes.

You can take this very short survey at the link below:

http://nicotinesurveys.org/united-states/responses-to-fda/

We feel that regulators too often make decisions that affect the future of vapers and the products they use without having duly consulted or listened to these how regulations would actually affect the people who actually use these products. We believe that vapers’ voices should be heard by regulators, and they should be central to any decision that affects how vapor products are to be regulated.

For these reasons, I very much hope you’ll spare five minutes to take (and then share) this survey.

Thanks so much as always, best wishes,

Christopher

Christopher Russell PhD.
Psychologist, Senior Research Fellow
Tobacco and Nicotine Studies
Centre for Substance Use Research (CSUR)
19 Keith Street
Glasgow
G11 6QQ
United Kingdom

T: +44 0141 339 9444
M: +44 07955 460277
E: russell@csures.org
W: www.nicotinesurveys.org
W: www.drugmisuseresearch.org
YouTube: Vapers Helping Smokers to Quit
Twitter: @nicotinesurveys

This email was sent from within the Centre for Substance Use Research. This email (and any attachments or hyperlinks within it) may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are not entitled to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, disseminate or rely on this email in any way. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and destroy it, and all copies of it.

I haven’t taken this new survey yet, but I plan to later.

2 Likes

Good Survey I did it :sunglasses:

Done and submitted!

Done and submitted

done and done…thanks for the link @zigz

Done. Thanks for sharing.

Done (did they ask ya’ll for a blood sample also…?)

3 Likes

Urine sample…LOL

1 Like