Up in Smoke ( battery no no)

Wow I dont think i have been so scared for awhile…So I use a Nitecore charger the Stand up ones 8 bay and getting 21700 batteries in and out are a pain in the ass…Just a minute ago I go to put a Battery in this charger and imtears off the insulator and all I see is smoke … I grab battery and toss it in a plastic garbage next to me and leave room …So I am off to buy this guy …I was actually just asking @woftam about it 2 days ago …

Too close for me and ill stick to my 18650s until I get this bad boy

15 Likes

if I remember right, the Nightcore eight bay standup is not meant for 21700’s. I passed up a couple of smoking sales on them. Yes, pun intended :grin::fire:

I am glad you and your property are ok after that.

9 Likes

You could be right…I have used the 8 bay stand up but just got into 21700 mods a year ago or so…Itbsays its compatible which it is but its a tight fit…This new one is supposed to take 8 21700 without a problem

8 Likes

Next time (hopefully there isn’t a next time) maybe the plastic trash can is not the best plan - if the battery was going into a runaway situation the reaction can continue after the cause is removed. Getting it outside on a non flammable surface would probably be the best method.

10 Likes

Ya…I figured the trash would contain it ling enough to grab the extinguisher…Ill tell ya I damn near shit myself , problem with getting it outside fast enough is my mixiing room is upstairs but I get ya

8 Likes

I guess the good thing about this is that it forced me to order the charger Immediately lmao

8 Likes

They are a ripper charger highly reccomended

8 Likes

Yep I agree, the Gyrfalcon All-88 is great, I replaced my Xtar Dragon with one, and am very happy

8 Likes

My Opus loves 21700’s @fidalgo_vapes.

10 Likes

Ya i looked at that and the xtar products , but the majority of people I spoke with all agreed on The Gyrfalcon

6 Likes

Glad you’re OK brother. Still waiting for my day. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Whoa! Glad it wasn’t a disaster (or worse) fiddy, made my get up and go check which charger I got, it’s a nitecore 4 bay and yeah the 21700 are a bit tight fit, no much wiggle room. Thanks for the heads up :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Just chuck it ot the window into the neighbour’s yard.

Explain why you set fire to their dog afterwards :smirk:

4 Likes

The stand up is a pain comapred to the 4 bay but i got it becuse its more compact and I can put two of them in the same space as one that lays flat . Having nore room isnt worth a 21700 blowingg though . Ya Battery Safety is real lol

6 Likes

I had a rechargeable AA explode in a charger. While I realize that this is small potatoes compared to a 21700, the loud bang was enough to put it into perspective and made me think “what if?”

7 Likes

Run from Xstar. Bought a 4 place. Separate wall wart. Plugged it in and melted my USB3 cable before I could finish plugging it in. Burnt the charger and my cable. Do recommend Boxer.

5 Likes

Make me be a bit more careful yanking my 21700’s out the charger anyhoo :slight_smile:

Should’ve thrown a few more of those in the cart this morning too fuckit: I don’t even want to use anything takes 18650s after seeing how much more juice the 21700’s hold.

matter of fact, 21700’s have saved me feeling any need to order a dual battery mod which is good since most are too chunky to comfortably carry in a pocket, really… sure they fit alright but they’re no longer necessary unless you’re set on 100W sub-ohm storm-clouds, which I give no fucks about.

I’ve had one those mild but annoying headaches all day today wtf

And why - after years of training Facebook to only suggest hot chicks as friend suggestions - is it suddenly suggesting trannies… I must’ve got conned by one somewhere along the way…

Now I’ll have to dig right through my friends list, find the fake and unfriend the sucker.

6 Likes

Very nice charger, fidalgo :+1:

6 Likes

Ty…Ill use this for only 217p0 and the Nitecore for 18650s…I still have a lotnof mods i like that use dual 18650s the 21700 single batt mods are cool too

4 Likes

I’d be more concerned about whether you would have the right type of extinguisher on hand (chemical).

Out the nearest window (preferably with some aim to a clear spot). But even then, that’s probably a tall order in a panic situation.

Glad you and the house are ok.

8 Likes