Using a 30/70 3mg pre mix but want to add vg to keep it at 30/70 after flavoring

i understand that i was just trying to find out how much 100% vg i should use

3 Likes

Maybe I’m not understanding …Oh so your not mixing with a pre done base @70vg/30pg…Sorry I thought you wete mixing with a ready base and trying to get that base to 70/30 again

2 Likes

I am using a 30pg/70vg base but if you add more VG to the base it will counter dilute…not base but final mix

2 Likes

Not really …You will never achieve the 70/30 VG /PG ratio again you just really end up diluting the flavor . It is DIY though right ?do what you like and what works for you

2 Likes

you got me questioning life…by adding 100% VG that does not changed the PG/VG ratio?

2 Likes

There might be a work around to add VG to your base then that would raise the VG ratio b4 adding flaves (maybe)

2 Likes

In a recipe we start with 100pct so if your base is already 70/30 once you start adding flavors the base changes.So if you add 10pvt flavor your now at 60vg 40Pg right ?? So if you add VG your just diluting the flavor

3 Likes

with the help of the other posters on this topic it was discovered but unfortunately the calculator does not work correctly with adding VG based flavors

2 Likes

Ill have to read thread …If im being honest I just read your initial post

2 Likes

I think what need to be figured out is how much VG you need to add to your base to make it 85vg 15pg or 90vg 10pg b4 any flaves are added … Then you will have 15 to 20pct of total flavors that you can add and still be at 70vg

You will never be able to add flavors to your base then add straight vg to make it 70/30 though

4 Likes

Yes … This is what im trying to say

5 Likes

And that is how my grandma from Italy used to cook. I hope someday I’ll be able to mix like that, too :grin:

3 Likes