Using a 30/70 3mg pre mix but want to add vg to keep it at 30/70 after flavoring

I live in mass and they are ban crazy here so the best i can get is a big bottle of pre mix that’s 30/70 3mg un flavored but when i add flavoring that will dilute the total ratio and i would like to just add the vg that is needed to keep it at a 30/70 mix…i don’t really care about diluting the nic but would like to keep the 30/70 ratio…unfortunately it seems like the calculator can not calculate adding vg (or maybe it can?) …at first i was just going to add the same amount of vg as flavoring to cancel out the dilute. i do know vg is more dense than pg though. im just not sure what’s the best way to handle this so if anyone could help that would be great.

4 Likes

ANYTHING you add is going to change the ratio.
The only way you’re going to get 30/70 is to vape what you’ve got straight out of the bottle (no changes/additions).

Try not to sweat the numbers so much.
If all you can get is 30/70 3mg pre-mix, then just add whatever flavor you need and call it ‘good enough’. You’re honestly not going to notice a difference important enough to matter unless you’ve got PG sensitivities.

6 Likes

When I started I used VG / PG base from Liquid Barn. You can add VG as a flavor in the calculator, just be sure to check VG box below it. When you check “Use vape ready base nicotine base” the calculator won’t let you save for some reason, what I do is take a screenshot.

I had to vg / pg percentage backwards in the calculator but you get the idea :ok_hand:

8 Likes

And that is the biggest ssue with pre-mixed bases. No control.

4 Likes

@DrizzleDrops Remember this magic number 2.33.

Using Rocky’s example for pre-mix and that 1 entry (100% VG) sorry TZ, Add in all your concentrates but don’t hit save just yet. Look down near the bottom of the page and it shows your current ‘Flavor total’.

Multiply that number by 2.33.

Making sure that (100% VG) also has the VG option ticked below that word, enter the (you calculated multiple) in the % field. Your final mix will be 30% PG

4 Likes

ahhh use VG as a flavor! why couldn’t i think of that lol
thanks i knew there was a way to do it!

3 Likes

cant i just mess with the % of the 100%vg till it gets to 30/70?

2 Likes

damn i think something is wrong here i don’t think the VG check box works right with flavors… seems to weight the same as PG and the total % goes over 100

2 Likes

Personally I would not worry just add your flavours! As long as you don’t go back to analogs

6 Likes

yeah that’s what I’m thinking I’m vaping a mix i made with the pre mix and it came out to 40/60 and it taste great

4 Likes

Make some 10 mls mixes and see how you like them. 10 mls will also steep faster then larger sizes. I actually mix freestyle now and use the drop method. And only use the calculator for large batches and my base. Good luck

3 Likes

I would suggest adding “100% VG” to your stash with the specific gravity value entered, that’s what I did and it seems to work fine…

4 Likes

i actually did do that but the calculator still does not work and makes it go over 100% total when clicking the vg button…i know i can just not click the VG button and do the math but would be cool if it worked :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah your right, I just did a test with a 60ml mix, to get to 30/70 it came out as 69ml total. It’s been a few years since I used pre-mix and only used it because I was stuck with it and didn’t want to waste it…

BTW I’m in RI, and have the same bans here, but hadn’t had any problems getting Nic, although not sure on current state of shipping. I stocked up a while back

3 Likes

to clarify changing the weight does work but if you have the PG button checked it adds to the total PG value not the VG…and if you click the VG button the weight is still correct and adds it to the total VG value but for some reason it does not subtract from the PG value it just adds it on top of the total value

2 Likes

yeah i can no longer get nic shipped to me in MASS…maybe in RI but i have no where to have it shipped to

2 Likes

Yeah I’d say if your mixing a 60ml you have to think ahead and enter 50ml at the top (depending on how many flavors your using) kinda sucks the calculator don’t work for pre mix base. I’m gonna check some of the other calculators.

Message me…

2 Likes

The only premix I use is the one I make myself, 30/70 base, no nic. When I look at the total base pct in my recipe I just add it. Couldn’t be any simpler. I just don’t mess with blended nic bases and I hope I never have to.

3 Likes

This might be a good calculator: https://en.liqcalc.com/baseBaseFlavor
You will have to adjust the target % of the nicotine versus the % of flavour.

Its not possible …Maybe if you use pure extract flavors but even then your still diluting the 70/30 ratio

3 Likes