Using Ethyl Maltol

Hey, thanks mate. That’s great. I’ll definitely try it. I love Ice-cream recipes and yours looks like my kind of thing. Much appreciated. :icecream::heart_eyes::pray: Oh, and I have all of those flavours. :blush:

4 Likes

Yeah, I put 0.25% in my banana custard and it worked a treat. I did add a touch of sweetener too, at the same %. I’m learning more and more, and it appears to be having a positive effect. :blush:

3 Likes

I use EM mostly at about 2% in anything fruity. It seems to make them better, especially standalone flavors.

3 Likes

This is my premium recipe. Cream layer can be substituted for FA Fresh Cream at 0.9% depending on your flavor stash. A few notes are enhancements. The Sugar Cookie is critical though. Adds depth and mellowness that makes/breaks the recipe

4 Likes

Sorry that I haven’t responded to this. My life pretty much fell apart after my last post, so I’ve not even mixed this up yet. I will though, and reply accordingly. It does look good. Many thanks, and best regards.

3 Likes

can someone recommend a EM, or are they all the same ?

3 Likes

Cotton Candy (EM) TPA is the most commonly used
It’s all I use so I cannot compare with any others

ATM, it’s the tenth most used flavor in the elr database :ok_hand:

2 Likes

oh, no kidding, thanx

2 Likes

ok, please forgive my ignorance, but that is TFA ? and does it actually taste like cotton candy single flavor ?

2 Likes

TPA = TFA
I would suggest reading notes on flavor page, and go from there :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Yep. Has to be pushed to it’s single flavor percentage.

2 Likes

I switched from EM to this and have never looked back.

2 Likes

I have done the same. I struggle getting an accurate gram count squeezing it out of the original bottle. Man have I made some sweet mixes.

2 Likes

I use a pipette to transport from original bottle to mix with…easy to control drops that way.

3 Likes

Going to have to see if I can get a blunt tip through that top little slot. I hate having something else to clean up. I am plain lazy.

2 Likes

i use a cheap plastic one.

2 Likes

i use super sweet, whaats the difference ?

1 Like

that isn’t coming up on BCF

1 Like

@fncbear welcome to ELR. As far as EM, once you get above .3-.5%, it can really start to mute flavors. If you like it @ 2% in a mix, try it @ 1%, and 0.5% and see if you get increased flavor.

3 Likes

Pyure to me has no off flavors, doesn’t mute your mix, and does not gunk up coils. You can get it at Walmart.

4 Likes