Using Medicine Bottles

I am curious to know if it would be ok to store my steeps in empty medicine bottles. I’m only talking about the screw-in type lids where the seal is tight, like the bigger 4-6oz bottles.

Cooter<

I am not sure about the plastic used. I would say no. As a preference. But great to store other things like tools and rda’s and rdtas that are not in use.

2 Likes

Your probably right being the plastic may not be rated for liquid. Had my doubts as well. I do like the idea of using them for other things as you mention!

Cooter<

I received 10 100ml Amber glass bottles today that I got from Ebay for £11.95. They were for eye drops and I think good value. I just pulled the dripper tube off as I want them just to mix larger batches of my favourite mixes and when they are steeped i’l just transfer to a 30ml dropper bottle for use.

Well be careful and don’t do what I did with the nic bottle. I transfered all the nicotine to 60ml bottles that had the eye dropper lids. I took the dropper part off and kept the same cap on it, so before I opened the bottle to finish a recipe, I shook the hell out of it. Well, when I opened the bottle the nic came out of the cap with the plunger on it. Luckily I was wearing gloves! Of course I felt like an idiot afterwords!!!

Of course you need to be a user… I have collected an array of hot sauce bottles of different sizes over the past few years. They work fine for storage, but it’s necessary to use a funnel when pouring into a small mouth container (ie; 30 ml plastic bottle).

They’re easy to clean once you’ve acquired a set of bottle brushes in a range of sizes. And, these bottles are easy to store and ship.