Using Watermaked Images / Copyright Infringment

I don’t want to be that guy but… Watermarked images from stock photo websites have been used to represent some of the mixes on the site. I would encourage members not to use these as they constitute copyright infringement. This could lead to legal action against both those who post them and the site owners. Just putting this out there, I love the community here and don’t want to see something this simple put it in jeopardy.

Devils Advocate - Dave

2 Likes

Roger that @DIY_Dave. Maybe @daath could add a dropdown (for URL) for image attribution for images snagged off the web and posted to recipes?

To find an open licensed graphic search a resource like Flickr with “Advanced Search” selected. Click the filter “Any License” and change to “All creative commons”. Including a link to the original photo and following their license specifics (allow to edit?) is not only repspectful of the original artist, but keeps you 100% legal (DISCLAIMER: My opinion not to be confused with Legal advice)

1 Like

I have free access to the internet and have the right to use any image their, If i make a profit from an image I swipe online I’ll share it with the creator of the image. If you guys don’t want me to swipe your image keep them hidden on your hard drive.

I agree that you have free access to Internet but what you don’t have is the right to use any image that’s out there. Ok i will give it to you, you have the right to use any image on the internet for your own personal use, this means you can have the images on your computer, you can print them out and hang on your wall among other things.
What you don’t have the right to do is to use all these images in commercial use, or in order to make a profit of any kind. You don’t have the right to alter these images without the authors permission either.

The copyright law is there to protect the author of the images not giving anyone the right to do as they please with them.

The only images you actually can use is the images that lies under Creative Commons. The authors of these images have renounced the right to their copyright to benefit others.

If someone is interested i can get a copyright lawyer who is a friend of mine to write something that will be easy to grasp when it comes to Copyright.

Awwwwwo come on man, just don’t make a profit, don’t use an image to defame the author/owner. and don’t use a trademarked logo image for your own company like you made it, and…
FREE THE INTERNET!
But in all seriousness those selling their juices should pay close attention to both the names and images on the advertisements and bottling.

The reason i answered you the way i did is because i freelance as a photographer and have seen first handedly how copyright infringement effects photographers.

Me personally try to avoid posting my own pics on the internet just because people say like you, if it’s out there it’s mine to use as i please and for any purpose i choose.

I might sound like a dick here but i do believe in the copyright and i do also believe that people need to get educated on what they can or can’t do with things on the Net.

2 Likes

Remove the watermark and your good to go… :wink:

Psssssst…

hey bud, I can sell you a picasso

<font-size=50%>print

2 Likes