Uwell Crown 1 vs Crown 2: v2 coils still dodgy?

I’m a big fan of the Crown 1 but they are getting harder to find. Sold out in most shops since a while.When the Crown 2 came out I’ve been reading lots of negative reviews about the coils. Has this problem been fixed? If you own a v1 and a v2, which one do you prefer now?

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t have the crown 2 but you know I can’t pass up a good crown thread.

Form everything I read they fixed the problem with the coils on V2. You still having issues with the RBA head on the crown 1?

1 Like

The problem I’m having with the crown 1 rta is the lack of air flow. It’s OK to vape but you can’t compare it with the stock coils.

True. It is a bit of a disappointment.

i had an uwell crown 1 , amazing…so then I bought uwell crown 2 … the stock 0.5 coils are super …the problem is that they die really fast… i am expecting now the rba for the crown 2. A friend told me that is not so good as the standard coils …

I haven’t seen many RBAs yet but none of them were as good as the stock coils. I guess it’s better to find a nice RTA as they have been designed with the manual rebuild in mind. Not a build deck that has to fit an existing tank. I can’t get any SS wire at the moment but as soon as i can i will try rebuilding the stock coils as discussed here a while ago. I really hope i can find a few more crown 1 or a nice replacement.

1 Like

Oh yes… just found out that the Crown 1 is in stock again. Maybe they are still producing them since the Crown 2 and the Rafale were such disappointments.

I have both, and to me the flavor is about the same in each…maybe slightly better on the 2? They have fixed the coils, and I like the airflow on the 2 more, seems smoother to me, but that might just be in my head. I also like the threading on the top, like push down and half twist to remove or replace.

I love the .8 coils around 30-40W has the best flavor to me. But I like my Crown mini for flavor too. They are both favorites of mine.

2 Likes

V1 for sure imo they knocked off the rafale with the v2 i guess they have the crown mini now and thats supposed to be that same as the v1

1 Like

currently using the SE1 which uses crown 2 coils. IMO they work great and have a shorter break in period compared to the crown v1.They just released the crown mini so finding crown v1 coils shouldnt be too hard to find.

3 Likes

indeed, the Crown 2 is awesome , standar coils 0.5 are amazing … but they die so fast , very fast .
i am also looking forwar for the crown2 rba, got the rafale rba which sucks !!!

1 Like

How fast is “very fast”? I hoped they would fix that problem…
I don’t really expect the rba to be great. The Crown 1 rba was very disappointing because of the lack of airflow. It makes the Crown 1 a completely different tank.

actually 3-4 days , sometimes a week depends on how heavy your are vaping… I am expecting the rba base for it …

1 Like

does anyone know if the original crown has a dual coil rba??? all i can find are single coil ones

1 Like

I poke holes in the cotton on the Crown 2 coils. It improves the juice flow just enough to let it wick better. Because I was getting burned coils and temp control kicking in too soon. Improving juice flow made it very nice.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen a dual coil rda and the single coil has rubbish airflow. Not my cup of tea.

1 Like

I found this thread to be interesting. Especially the pic of the opening of the juice holes

1 Like

@Bad_Influence, if you are having issues finding the stock coils check out this thread:

I am still using my crown all the time and had a buddy give me all of his old crapped out coils. Been rebuilding them a while now and they ROCK! Throw in some organic cotton and there is absolutely no break-in. Just flavor right off the bat.Not sure if you are in the US but with all the regs coming out, I wanted to prep some so I started looking into RTAs and RDTAs…Have bought a few, but still keep the crown V1 in rotation with the dozen or so rebuilds I have…

1 Like

Hi there MysticRose I only have the Crown II doe the original crown coils fit? I need to order replacement coils.

No, they don’t. The crown II coils have the bullet/cone shape at the bottom. My personal favorites are the .8 coils, best flavor to me. I like to vape around 30-35W though, everyone is different :wink:

They also make .25 and .5