Uwell Crown I still worth it?

I’m not into TFV8 style 100 watts+ vaping, my range is more 20-30 watts and am more a flavor chaser I’m tempted by the Crown I, do you think it’s still worth it? I have other tanks, RTAs but I’m looking to get something for the get go
Thanks for your input !!

2 Likes

Guess so but wouldn’t a tank with stock coils aswell as an rba deck be more suited then? Like an aspire cleito can build in the rba deck (sold seperatly) and keep a pack or 2 stock coils on hand for when you don’t want to build.

Or get the rba deck for your smok tank

4 Likes

To me it’s an ok tank as long as you get the rebuildsble coil deck and get the wicking right, I have 3 they were my daily knock around tank for a long time.

2 Likes

thanks guys ! I’ll give it a shot… if you can recommend good single coil RTA’s I’d be grateful (I have the serpent mini & merlin)

2 Likes

I still have my og Crown. YES it is still worth it, if you don’t mind buying coils which are apprx. $10 per package of 4.- 5.
YES the original Crown has an rba deck.

It is a decent tank and if you could get it for a decent price it may be worth it to you.

I have had the Crown III for a couple months now and I got to say…I like it. I am still using the coils that came with it.

Anywho, I don’t think you would be disappointed with either one

2 Likes

I’m still using the original Crowns. Never saw any reason to change to anything else.
They work just fine.

4 Likes

yes it is worth it the.25 coils are great , but @Duchesst is right imo the cleito is great and the RTA is easy and works well

3 Likes

but its horrible

2 Likes

I never liked the original crown…Flavor was non existent for me.

1 Like

I am still using my original Crown and I love it!! I don’t try to build on it, just stick with the coils, as I have heard it can be difficult.

3 Likes

Still loving my Crown1. I’ve bought 2 more just a few months ago to make sure i can use them for a while. The build deck is rubbish though in my opinion, not enough air flow. I kept most of my used coils and try to rebuild them. Just received the 0.4mm SS wire.

However, since i have this well known vapehardwarebuyeraddiction i am still looking for an addition to the sub ohm tank collection but the ones I’ve tried were not better than the Crown so I guess I’ll keep using the Crown for a while. I liked the Cleito but with high VG juice it requires some tuning. They don’t seem to let enough juice through to the coils and i got lots of slightly dry hits. It’s better with a bit more PG in the mix or some water to make it thinner.

4 Likes

Another fan of the crown here. Original and III and I love and use both of them quite a lot. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would like to get the III as well, but seeing as I accidentally purchased about a year’s worth of coils for the original (on sale at least). And not having any issues, I probably won’t upgrade anytime soon.

@JoJo Do you build coils for both of them? I know you are much more experienced at it than I am, and just curious how you feel about that.

1 Like

I don’t build for either of them. I have both styles of the OG Crown RBA but they were both a PITA and I never could get a decent vape from either. Granted, I haven’t tried since becoming slightly better at coiling, but one of the things I love about the Crowns is that I don’t have to build. I can just prime and put in a new coil and it’s a great vape without the fuss. I may go back and try the RBA for the OG someday, especially if they stop making coils.

1 Like

Thanks for the info JoJo! I agree that it’s so nice having this one that doesn’t need to be coiled and wicked! Especially since that is still SO new for me! I definitely need to keep practicing making coils and wicking while I have the Crown to fall back on. I am so appreciative of the help I have gotten…by giving me the confidence to finally try it, and how my friends here have gone above and beyond to help and teach me things! :smiley:

1 Like

We do have quite a nice bunch here, I gotta say. :relaxed:

1 Like

Im a Crown lover as well. The Origional version lacks a bit in airflow but it’s still great anyways. I still use them, and get coils super cheap off eBay from china. I never tried Crown2, but now Crown3 is the real “Cats Meow”! Both the regular size and mini both use the same crown3 coils. I just got 6 boxes of .25’s from China for $4.99 each & free shipping. So far all have worked fine. I have 6 C3’s on 6 different mods for different flavors so each atty stays same flavor. The coils last a long time, even with some super sweet juice. As for RTA, I vote for Geekvape’s Griffen. It utilize either single or double coil configuration. It has 6.2ml tank so it lasts longer than couple of hours. And if you do a proper wick job, IMO it can’t be beat for flavor. But I feel I should add this: there’s a fine line on wicking. Too loose of cotton =leakage. Too tight and you risk a dry hit after 3 or 4 long tokes in a row. But get it right, and you will agree, shes an awsome atty.
Best of luck buddy!

1 Like

So true! I am so thankful I wandered on here one day!!

1 Like

I’ve seen a video about the crown 3, apparently the coils were rubbish after the first batch. Are they OK now?