Vandy Vape Kylin Mini RTA review by Mjag....The single coil RTA to beat?

I have been vaping on an EHPRO Bachelor X tank for about a week. I think I like it just as much as the Kylin Mini. Air flow might be a tiny bit more restricted and great flavor. Something to check into if you like single coil tanks but shhhhh!

3 Likes

Very cool! Iā€™ve been seeing mention of that here and there lately.

4 Likes

Good to hear, just got that tank in a little while ago but have a head cold, only vaping menthol right nowā€¦lol

3 Likes

Hope you feel better soon, that tank needs your review skills :smile:

4 Likes

Thanks bud!

2 Likes

@Jim22 & @mjag

Iā€™m awful, I know, but am feeling the compulsion to add an ā€œhonorable mentionā€. The Hotcig Centaur is no dog although an ā€œunder-dogā€. Oh my, off we go again!

3 Likes

That one was on the radar, your a sneaky Ogre, subliminal single coil advertisingā€¦lol

2 Likes

That I am. All part of Ogre DNA.

3 Likes

Soā€¦ Now that youā€™ve had additional time (and options added to the listā€¦
How would you rate this against say:

• the Recurve
  • Loop
  • or any other major single coil devices I mayā€™ve forgotten to mention that have been released since the Kylin Mini?
3 Likes

I have a crius II and I prefer the serpent SMM. Better flavour for my builds.

The crius is pretty good though.

3 Likes

Was looking at ordering one last nite but didnā€™t. And then this review popped up in my feed. It must be a sign hahaha :thinking:

3 Likes

Never got a recurve so canā€™t comment on that. The Loop is a dual coil so not sure if a fair comparison. I did get the Ammit 25 based on @SmilingOgre recommendation and it is pretty damn good. The Crius II is pretty good but I would say a notch below the other 2 and the propriety screw is dumb as rocks, lose the included screwdriver and your SOL.

Almost forgot about the Ehpro Bachelor X, that is a good single coil tank. I would say between the Kylin mini, Ammit 25 and Bachelor X the Ammit might be tops for me as it is the easiest to wick. If you get the wicking right the Kylin may be the most flavorful but there is a thin line between right and wrong with that tank. The Bachelor X falls in between, easier to wick than the Kylin but not the Ammit. Flavor is on par with the Ammit but wicked right the Kylin has a slight edge.

5 Likes

thanks for the great review @mjag ā€¦ i just got mine couple of days ago and i canā€™t put it down. thereā€™s magic in there when it comes to flavor quality ā€¦ amazing!
for all flavor chasers out there, if you donā€™t have this tank, youā€™re missing on a great experience. even though i have the Ammit 25 and the Pharaoh mini in rotation, thereā€™s a clear flavor advantage to the Kylin mini ā€¦ my best single-coil RTA so far
thank you again bro!

4 Likes

Thank you, it is always great to hear feedback from others on how there enjoying it. I get excited when I get new single coil tanks in for review so it gives me an excuse to use the Kylin Mini more. Going to put the same build in it as the new Augvape Intake RTA I got in a few days ago and will add that to my review.

Really happy your enjoying it.

2 Likes

Holy shite, @mjag. I think this was maybe the most useful to me review Iā€™ve ever seen. Canā€™t believe you compared the Kylin Mini to the Crius II (which is my fave, to date). I DEFINITELY need to pick up the Kylin Mini.

I agree with you that itā€™s not the best lookingā€¦ something about the width of the bottom band and its proportion to the bubble tank is throwing me off, a bit, aesthetically. But it looks truly kick ass innovative on the Tesla Nano, which iā€™ve been lusting after, big time. I bet it would look equally amazing on the Tesla Punk, full size mod. I was totally traumatized by the death of my tesla punk miniā€¦ Iā€™ve been wanting to pick up the full size punk or the Nano, and its great to know both would look killer with this tank, because that would have had me worried. BTW, is that photo the gunmetal mod or the bright silver? I canā€™t tell, but I totally ADORE the look together. It also looks pretty intriguing on the Vapecige Creator, imo.

@SmilingOgre I truly do prefer single coils, myself! Youā€™re definitely not the only one. But I really love when you get the option to build dual, as well. Iā€™ve also not done much experimenting with dual coils since I started buying and building better coilsā€¦ Iā€™m sure my ā€˜ehā€™ mentality about dual coils has a lot to do with just not putting the effort in that direction, yet. Its always nice when device leaves your options open for the future. lol Esp for us budget vapers who really have to put thought into our purchases.

5 Likes

Wow thank you, I really appreciate the kind words. I forgot I had compared it to the Crius II, might have to put a build in both and reminisce.

The Tesla Nano is still one of my favorite mods, the main con being the battery door as you have to be careful it doesnā€™t open by mistake. Odd as well that it is only 120 watts for a dual 18650 but it has never felt underpowered. Just such a good looking mod for such a great price if you can find one.

Love the Vapecige Creator, I have all 3 versions of it and they still get a lot of use. Vapecige has a store on Aliexpress where they still sell the VV version for about $30 shipped. Great thing is it holds 30mm tanks with no overhang and the paint job is outstanding, not a scratch on any of mine.

I use to be a dual coil only kind of guy but these single coil RTAā€™S have gotten so good. I now use a lot of single coil RTAā€™S and RDAā€™S, usually with big builds and clouds that would give some dual coil tanks a run for there money.

5 Likes

Hiya, @mjagā€¦ Hoping VV sent you a Kylin M! Curious to know what you think when/if you get one. Iā€™ve seen some other reviews, but always curious about your take. I just ordered rainbow one for me, SS one for my guy, but of course, wonā€™t ship for a few days yet from Fassttech. Think theyā€™re still pre-order just about everywhere. For some irrational reason Iā€™m not clever enough to get to the bottom of, my Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 wonā€™t let me use the VV stainless steel mesh wire in TC mode on the Profile. Crossing fingers itā€™ll let me use TC mode with the VV Mesh wire on the Kylin M.

And Iā€™m of same opinion with last few years of single coil RTA and RDAsā€¦ good ones have gotten SO dang good, I just dont see need for dual coil. All it does is hog more juice. lol Of course, Iā€™m also not overly interested in building large exotic coils. For someone who is, dual could totally make more sense.

And our next big (big for us!) purchase will be his/hers Tesla Nanosā€¦ those suckers are HOT. LOVE the whole steampunk line of Teslas.

Lastly, have you seen the VooPoo Alpha Zip? GORGEOUS scrolly etched design on the Glory model, more lush Rococo than steampunk, but just beeautiful. Want! Of course, they look rather hard to get ahold of, yet. Thought it might be up your alley, since youā€™re also a fan of the Teslas.

2 Likes

Going to get a Kylin M for sure but I have stopped reviews for the time being as time doesnā€™t permit. I enjoyed it though but it got out of hand and it was too tough to juggle. Would definitely like to hear how you like it, it looks easier to wick than the Profile RTA.

The Squeeze 2 can be tricky in TC, never tried the profile on it in TC but remember it likes to kick you back into power mode from time to time.

Not a big fan of Voopoo, there chip is overrated IMO but that mod sure looks niceā€¦canā€™t say I wonā€™t pick one up if the right sale comes along :grin: thanks for pointing it out, I have been out of the loop so missed that one.

4 Likes

Definitely sad to read, but I can totally understand!

Will continue to look for whatever comes down the pike from you when time does permit though.

For the time being, your highly valued hardware input will be sorely missed my friend!

5 Likes

Totally understand and Iā€™ve been there myself. You do what you need to do for you, and just know your input was seriously valuable, and weā€™ll look forward to more in the future.

BTW, if youā€™re hunting to buy a Kylin M, I just posted 2 links in the Good Deals 2019 thread. Clone (we think might be made by same factory) for $12, or authentic for under $23. lol Hoping all the rest of you buying one can get in on the deals, since I paid a bit too much for mine.

4 Likes