Vandy Vape Pulse BF 80W Box Mod

Do I need to replace my batteries or is this MOD at higher wattages just not very efficient? I have been vaping on a single fused clapton coil reading .24 ohms in an 45 watts and my batteries are only lasting 2 or three hours.
Same batteries in my smok o sub baby last twice as long!
I’m using the LG H2 18650 batteries with the adapter and batteries are only a couple months new!

3 Likes

It’s not very efficient. I vape 0.2ohm at 50w and it lasts me around 3 hours with a 20700 battery.

3 Likes

Man i’m glad you didnt tell me I needed to get some 20700 batteries! That’s what I was expecting to hear first!
This is really disappointing because I have been enjoying the whole squonking vape! This was the first Squonk MOD i bought. Really like the MOD for its size but this battery issue is going to cause it to be left behind!

2 Likes

For budget dual battery squonk I can recommend the gbox. Great battery life, decent tc and if you do what I did to replace the horrid plastic bottle it comes with it can be great.

3 Likes

I vape mine at .4 - .5 at 60 or so.

I have been squonking for a few years now and I can’t remember a time when there were so many squonkers to choose from. Anywho, people that squonk, like their squonkers to be small and battery life is one of the trade offs if your using a mechanical mod or a cheap board. I could never afford a Sunbox or SVA or any of the other High end mods.

I know that didn’t really help but I just wanted to say, don’t give up yet. You might like a dual battery squonk mod, I know I do. I don’t really care if my squonker is small or not, I just want better battery life.

good luck

5 Likes

Looks like a nice mod, I like the looks of the bottle system but you mentioned the bottle was bad?

Your right! I picked up a Dovpo Basium and the battery life is much better! But of course i threw the Reload X on it with dual coils! But still have decent battery life!
I am still trying to perfect refilling that device without making a mess!

3 Likes

good luck with that, lol. Ya, Iv’e been wanting the Rage but I have heard good things about the Basium.

4 Likes

Good deal on black Rage at cigabuy
The longer I have it the more i like it :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

I like the look of the Rage and that red one you have there is sexy as hell! One can never have enough spares!
Did they fix the fit on the rear battery panel? Watched Mike Vapes review and it seemed to have an annoying amount of slop to it!

3 Likes

Oh yes, all is fine on this one. I think its the early batches that suffered from few things.

1 Like

Rage might be the best squonker out there right now (if you ignore the proprietary bottle)

3 Likes

What are these mods like

1 Like

Check these out

I like this little device but it does go through batteries rather quickly at higher wattages. Its really easy to refill and its fairly inexpensive.

This is one I have seen but I have not purchased (YET). Appears to be a great mod and is getting good reviews online and here!

1 Like

This is a great MOD as well. This and the Rage are dual battery mods that solves the issue I have with the single battery mods.
All three are SQUONK mods! If your not familiar with squonking I can highly recommend you check it out. I bought my first squonk mod 6 or 7 weeks ago and haven’t looked back!

@adary uses this one

1 Like

Indeed.

I made a little modification to it, and it’s even better now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you updated the firmware, that is supposed to improve the battery life as well as the tc mode.

I updated mine. Did nothing for battery life (did fix the TC a bit)

Best way to use it in my opinion is to stick on an MTL atty, build high ohms and vape around 10w. it will last forever

1 Like

Good to know, the update is on my to do list but never fire up the pc nowadays.

3 Likes