Vanilla custard tastes not as I expected

@Chrispdx Whew, I’m glad you said that. I thought I was going crazy when I started test mixing it. You’re absolutely right.

2 Likes

Have you tried FLV vanilla pudding? I enjoy it but find that as it steeps the vanilla aspect tends to get overly “dark”…
I do highly recommend German Flavors Vanilla pudding, the only flavor from my experience that tasted of actual vanilla pudding and can be bent into an authentic custard.
I have been testing FR custard also many claim to taste butric note but i think they used 2 much(1.5-2%) from my tests so far with FR less is more. My SF test of FR custard at 0.75% seems promising. Just noticed they have a FR vanilla custard as well up on NR site! :smiley:

Edit% oops i didnt mean to modify your quote lol
Second sentence of quote are my thoughts…

2 Likes

Yes, thanks for the suggestion but I have it in my stash already :slight_smile:
It’s really a very nice flavor but I haven’t found out how to work well with it yet. Something goes off when you try higher flavor % with it. So it works well in a mix as an undertone but I’d like to bring it more to the front and I fail every time trying.

2 Likes

I agree about FLV pudding, and i have the same problem with the plain Custard FLV it gets weird for me above 1%.

If you can track down the German flavors vanilla pudding it could be the holy grail you seek
I got it at Vaperstek

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye open for it. Much appreciated :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Last time i looked on vaperstek i couldnt find it :thinking: i may shoot an email and ask if they can stock it again

1 Like

for me TPA vanilla custard has a harsh peppery note ( vape form ) i do not test concentrates on the hand or straight because i always get a nasty bitter taste

2 Likes

I know you love some Strawberry Milkshake SC RF. I don’t have it but most flavors I really love has a pretty good FT. Just curious if you tried an FT on it or will you try in case you haven’t?

2 Likes

One other thing to input is I noticed you didn’t state what percent you used in your mix. It may be you need to let that juice sit and steep for a bit to let the taste settle out some. While I’m sure it won’t hurt you in the long run on getting a couple different creams or custards (you’ll most likely get more at some time anyway)… I would set that new juice to the side for a couple weeks and re-visit it to see if you notice any changes in your perception of it later. Couldn’t hurt (too much).

4 Likes

i havent finger tested , but ill try anything once :slight_smile:

1 Like

just for shits and giggles , i tried on finger and i could taste the starwberry very well but the alcohol type taste over powers everything else and makes me shiver lol , i could see this helping some that can get past the bitter taste and i could actually see using this to get glimpse of what to expect but im not sure if its only bc i can taste the strawberry ill have to try with a cream

5 Likes

Sorry for the adverse taste… Just as some posted…“It ain’t for everyone”

4 Likes

lmao , i knew what i was getting into

3 Likes

This is a group of flavors I find very hard to judge from a FT. Beside the RF SC Ice Cream Sandwich, I was never able to gauge this group of flavors by a FT.

4 Likes

i could see that , thats why i was thinking about doing it

1 Like

@vinTage How far do you want to go down the custard hole? It’s a deep hole !!!

7 Likes

@mixologist13 +1, added to the shopping list.

3 Likes

Missing a really good one there @SessionDrummer

and I do like this one too (even with the slight lemon notes that FA love to add to everything)

5 Likes

Alright for you custard heads out there I came up with a stone I am proud of.

SB Custard Stone:
4OZ. CAP CUSTARD V1
1OZ. HGS ITALIAN CREAM
1OZ. TFA RY4 DOUBLE
1OZ. FW BAVARIAN CREAM
1OZ. FW VANILLA BEAN ICE CREAM
1OZ. TFA VANILLA SWIRL

This combo to me has been absolutely divine.

6 Likes