Vape Begone: San Francisco says goodbye to e-juice

Ban the children, keep the flavors!

10 Likes

CanĀ“t people just buy flavors / flavored e juice from some nearby state instead? There are no border control /custom between states i US right?

1 Like

The larger issue at hand isā€¦ this is the FIRST time this type of legislation has passed for a municipality. This shit (thought process and action) will grow and devastate the vaping/tobacco realm, like a glioblastoma brain tumor, all across the country if folks donā€™t do their part to stop the madness! :rage: Thus, the need for proper advocacy in the vaping world.

5 Likes

Not in a strict sense, but I donā€™t think many are going to bother with a 200 mile (too the nearest state) drive, just to get e-liquids, but for now itā€™s just the city of San Franciscoā€¦ for now.
The black-market is going to explode. I can already see the headlines reading "juice lab busted! E-liquids worth over 1 million dollars on the street, seized!"
When is the US ever going to learn. First it was prohibitionā€¦ it failed.
Then, marijuana (only because hemp was threatening to shut down the pulp mill industry)ā€¦ Itā€™s failing, but not fast enough.
Now, itā€™s e-liquids. Why go after the industries that are so easy for the layman too replicate?
Iā€™m just going to keep up my current campaign against nonsensical legislation.
Join me. Call your state reps and let your voice be heard. It doesnā€™t matter if you voted for them or not. For whatever time they have left in office, they ARE representing YOU.

4 Likes

Kind of funny we havenā€™t heard much about august 8th here lately. There was a bunch of discussion about it a few months ago and now I havenā€™t heard much.

2 Likes

Donā€™t think it canā€™t happen. I forget which it is, but there is a city in N. CA that banned smoking everywhere. including your car. Donā€™t know if it stuck or not but it was ridiculous.

1 Like

ROFLMAO!!!

2 Likes

As well as the African american communityā€¦
Its completely unreal and illogical to put africans, lgbt and kids together and label them as vulnerable peopleā€¦
Hopefully this can get overturned.

1 Like

Itā€™s all about diverting the people away from the actual issuesā€¦this is a smoke screen!

2 Likes

I was only kidding around, just thought it was funny cuz of all the times I blew fat clouds out the window while passing by 5.0s and was expecting to see sirens :rotating_light: lol. Very interesting law about smoking though! Remember hearing about that!

2 Likes

When I hear San Francisco, I always think of open mindedness, new age practices, healthy living, peace and love. If this was posted without the city name, I would have thought it was the midwest or south somewhere, the bible belt, San Francisco would be one of my last guesses! Not even Menthol Cigarettes? Wow! If you canā€™t get your smokes anymore, where do you turn first? Vaping! And now thatā€™s not an option either. This is a whole lot of shit!

I do feel that many of the premade Juices are named and labeled in an immature way, and that can appeal to kids. I feel like more restrictions on label graphics and the juice names would make it less appealing to kids than anything else!

3 Likes

Well, Supervisor Cohen has made a name for herself and her friends, hasnā€™t she? Best way for a politician to keep themselves in the limelight, create a new issue and get a resolution passed, then theyā€™re the hero of the day!

2 Likes

I can hardly believe what Iā€™m reading here. Iā€™m in the UK and granted our politicians are quite capabable of comeing up with ridiculous ideas too, but, the state of San Francisco have outdone themselves here. I have no doubt the black market will prevail. The result will be unregulated e-juice content and hygiene making the situation worse (less safe) not better. Some people will make a tidy sum on black market and the state loses revenue from the many, currently legal stores. Not to mention the related job lossesā€¦ WTF!
I truly cannot get my head around this! Perhaps itā€™s only a matter of time something just as nonsensical happens here. I suspect though, that our government are currently happy to receive the tax raised through e-cig related sales.
This is purely speculation; but with the continuing lost revenue in taxes due to the decline of smokers, Iā€™m expecting a big hike in all e-cig products taxation on the horizon.
I guess for the time being anti terrorism and brexit will be a distraction. Itā€™s only a matter of time though.

3 Likes

This canā€™t be for realā€¦ Usually California is the first to loosen up on things, not crack down.

2 Likes

Yes GPG, this flavor ban is a particularly dirty way of getting rid of vape shops in SF proper. Of course vapers can travel to the next township/suburb to get their juice, or order online. But you have to feel terribly bad for the vape shops in SF, all due to a self-righteous hall-monitor type of mentality. Makes me ill. But hey, SF is being ā€˜benevolentā€™ by giving the shops a years grace, in order to switch to selling something less toxic to the community (donā€™t remember the exact phrase now). Odd, didnā€™t California recently pass a law restricting buying e liquid to 21 or over? Shouldnā€™t that have been enough to ā€˜save our childrenā€™?

3 Likes

Technically though, couldnā€™t these shops sell the unflavored base in various nic levels, and one shot flavor bases separatelyā€¦thus turning many casual vapers into casual diyā€™ers?

2 Likes

These are Malia Cohens words: ā€œWe are not looking to put small stores out of business,ā€ supervisor Malia Cohen said at the board hearing. ā€œWe want to help them make this transition from selling a poisonous commodity to selling something that will benefit the neighborhood.ā€

2 Likes

Like hmā€¦ veggies? :grin: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Sounds good to me, althoughā€¦
My knowledge of US law is about zero BUT I would expect Malia Cohen to go for amending the legislation?

What a load of horse s**t!

1 Like

No no, they can start selling tobacco since it isnā€™t any limitations on that from what i understand. And it is obviously not as dangerous as liquid and flavors.

5 Likes