Vape Kitchen e-liquid reviews by SessionDrummer

Thank you @Nicotine_River.

5 Likes

As usual @SessionDrummer this is awesome stuff :+1:

I like to get commercial juice from time to time for inspiration, can definitely help when you get a mixer’s block on what to mix next.

Thanks so much for doing this, it is really helpful, probably gonna order a few bottles myself.

7 Likes

Thanks a lot @mjag, that means a lot. With all the crap I’ve got on deck I have NO clue why I picked up this big batch to get into, but I did LOL.

7 Likes

Bean Leaf and Cream (Vape Kitchen) 70/30 3mg (12-19-19) – From the Manufacturer …

Our interpretation of a classic. BLC (Bean, Leaf & Cream) is a blend of Tahitian vanilla bean, tobacco and our exclusive Vape Kitchen cream base. It’s satisfying and smooth.

Wow, wow, WOW on this one. I’m testing this on the heels of VK’s Bad Mother Custard, which I did like, BUT, came across as a lot lighter and cleaner than I had hoped. This one (BLandC) started hitting the GOOD button the moment I started vaping it. Immediately I was struck with a much heavier, fuller, and richer experience than the BMC. Out of the gate, the Vanilla Bean is outstanding, and front and center. NOT being a tobacco flavor vaper I didn’t know whether or not to be scared off by it’s inclusion in this one, but surprisingly, I really didn’t get much tobacco WHILE vaping it !!! Maybe it’s layered in there so delicately, and expertly that it just seemelessly adds to the really rich overall taste of this, but I can only assume that. Repeated vaping didn’t really reveal any detectable tobacco, which worked out fine for me. The finish for me, was just a clean transition from the Vanilla rush on the front end, into a hell of a good creamyness. Wow, let’s vape that one again …Yup, that’s about it. Sweetness if about perfect, not too much, just enough. If you’re looking to only try a few from VK, this should be one of them. Very rich and full vanilla on the front end, transitioning into a super good creamy finish. I can’t add any more to this one. Let’s just leave it @ 10/10 so I can vape it some more !!!

14 Likes

Really nice job.
You break things down well.
My reviews usually read something like " ooh this is so good! I really like it! You should get some! Oh gosh it’s so yummy!!"
I too, bit on the black Friday and only ordered the bad mother custard. I have several rigs, and had just changed the coils on one and decided to put the bmc in there and let it sit overnight.
I kind of forgot about it, and then picked it up in the morning and took a huff…
I was like, “what the hell is this? Effing yum!”.
Your description of it far exceeds anything I could attempt so I’m gonna leave it at that.
But I just may be ordering more of this “click and vape”. Its always nice to just have something ready to rock that you know will be delicious.

8 Likes

Thank you @Chef_Johnny, and it can be hard.

Wow, very high praise, and thank you.

4 Likes

Hehe @Chef_Johnny, that sounds about right !!!

3 Likes

I almost got this one and now wished I had. I think I would prefer it over BMC.

3 Likes

My first thought was how do you charge such a low price for such a complex mix, lol? Seems like a lot of work. I wasn’t as impressed with this one and maybe that’s because I like my custards lush and creamy. I will come back to it after some steep time and maybe a fresh outlook. Unlike the other 2 flavors from VK, I detected an off taste from BMC. Not sure if it’s from a sweetener or not. I never use sweeteners.

3 Likes

When you plop down a review like that, how can I not get that one?

How many flavors would you say left you with an impression like that?

2 Likes

Well if you DO get it, you MUST report back what YOU think of it, take some of the pressure off of me hehe.

As far as how many, that’s hard to say for sure. As far as FLAVORS, I’d have to say maybe a dozen and a half. As far as commercial JUICES, it’s even lower than that. Flavors I’m more forgiving on, but commercial mixes I’m very hard on, and picky as hell, and didn’t really like much of anything I bought, except for a few.

4 Likes

Banana Churro Pudding (Vape Kitchen) 70/30 3mg (12-19-19) – From the Manufacturer …

For Banana Churro Pudding, we fold caramelized bananas and crispy hot churros into a creamy vanilla pudding. It’s okay to go a bit bananas. This is a tasty one.

Most (pretty much all) of the Churros I’ve tried thus far all had kind of a “funky” note to them. Not exactly like the Play Doh in CAP Glazed Donut, but still kinda funky. The GREAT news here, as it was NOT present in this flavor. The banana was outstanding in this mix and hit you first outta the gate, followed up with some (rather unclear, and less present) bakery-ish elements, and bathed in a creme. Now, what was interesting about this was I wasn’t getting much OF the Churro when vaping it, but smelling it out of the bottle, it was there loud and clear. Hmmmm, sniff YES, … vape, … NO. Interesting. My setup ? Coils ?? Not sure why. YOU vape and report back. As far as the mix in total, with the Churro not being as present in the vape as I would have liked, it was still a pretty damned good banana, cream, maybe pudding-ish vape ? They claimed a caramelized banana, and there WAS something different about the banana here, hard to nail down, PERHAPS was the Churro peeking out, but can’t be sure. When I say Banana Cream-ish vape, it is NOT like grabbing a bottle of LA Banana Cream and just vaping it, it IS quite a bit more complex, and interesting than that. The mix was one of the more laid back in the bunch, and sweetness was quite fine, not pushing any limits. I could see vaping this even with the strangely recessed Churro. Due to less Churro than I would have liked, 7/10.

11 Likes

Ube Macapuno (Vape Kitchen) 70/30 3mg (12-23-19) – From the Manufacturer …

Ube Macapuno is an Ube ice cream flavor made with taro, cane sugar, fresh coconut, cinnamon and sweet corn. This is a traditional Filipino dessert with a profile as unique as it is delicious.

Having never Ube’d before, wasn’t sure what to expect. The description sounded pretty damned good, what’s not to like ? Throughout my testing of VK’s line, I’ve grown accustomed to their sweetener, which I believe it Stevia, probably Reb A. Some mixes it’s more prevalent, others not so much. In this mix it was more than less. Now this isn’t terrible, just be advised. The overall vape was a very full, semi-rich experience that did seem to be Ice Cream based, with an emphasis on the Coconut, but it was more. I didn’t really pick up on the Corn, and that might be because I was spoiled by OOO’s Corn Bread (which is insanely good, and def. Corn). It could be buried in there, but it’s undetectable. The Cinnamon as well wasn’t really detectable, so if it’s in there, it’s very low in the mix. Overall it was a pretty good vape, and the finish def. revealed their sweetener which wasn’t overly high, just more revealed in this mix. I actually would have liked a bit more corn, and some cinnamon to full this one out per the description. Nice one to try, not sure on the ADV of it, so leaving it @ 6/10.

8 Likes

Royal Jasmine Tea (Vape Kitchen) 70/30 3mg (12-29-19) – From the Manufacturer …

Our Royal Tea Jasmine is a two-step super fusion. First, we triple infuse green tea with jasmine blossom. Then we infuse this aromatic tea blend in VG for three months. The result is a creamy milk tea variant unlike any other.

Wow (again), now that sounds like a LOTTA work ^^^^. Smelling this in the bottle revealed a creamy Jasmine flavor, and vaping kept that trend going. I felt like I was having to work to pull more of the green tea from this than was present, so it’s safe to say the green tea was fairly recessed in this mix. To me, the creamy base took center stage, with the Jasmine following behind that, with the green tea pulling in the rear. I love creamy bases / mixes, so this overall was very nice. Middle of the road sweetness, and a somewhat complex mix throughout the vape. Green tea is a weaker tea IMO, and even with that, I would have preferred more of it in this mix. Repeated vaping didn’t pull the tea forward at all, but it could be pulling it’s weight just more subdued, i.e. it’s absence would def. be noticed. As it stands, this is a nice, light to mid creamy jasmine vape with mid complexity, with a green tea that’s IN there, just subdued. Feels pretty good right at 8/10.

7 Likes

Mangeaux (Vape Kitchen) 70/30 3mg (12-29-19) – From Vape Kitchen …

Truly the mango of all mango flavors, Mangeaux is a blend of perfectly ripe, tart mango juice and mango slushy. It is also the fruity base of our popular Thai Mango Sticky Rice.

I can’t say that I am a huge Mango fan, so I was interested to see how this played out. The FIRST two thoughts that popped into my head (for better or worse) were, “Mango Gut Punch”, and “Sprite”. There you go, review over. LOL, kidding. Alright, this one was VERY good, and that’s coming from a not mango fanboy. For a seemingly “simple” fruit, this one presented as a fairly complex mix ?? What ?? It seemed to cover about ALL of the aspects of a great Mango. Lower rind notes, great full mid body, and sprinkled with some super bright punchy notes on the top (that’s what made me think of Sprite). Now I don’t mean it tastes like Sprite (soda), but that was a fairly close bright, punchy high end I was getting. What is complex ? Great question, and to me, it’s something that has discernible layers, which can present differently sometimes, throughout the vape. This one’s got that. I have no clue how many they layered in here, but it presents as a really interesting mango fruit mix. The creams are not present in this one (great), but could be very low for blending. Sweetness is again, about middle of the road, and the rich, full Mango is the one and only star. Repeat vaping revealed nothing else, and it was not fatiguing at all. I’m still trying to figure out what sweetener they are using, and I still think it’s a Stevia based mix, and it’s slightly present at the end of the exhale, but it’s not offputting at all. After making it almost 2/3’rds of the way through my Vape Kitchen batch, I think it’s safe to say this is one of the better ones, and SHOULD be on anyone’s “You should def. try this one” list. “Mother of all Mangos” ?? Perhaps so. 9.75/10

10 Likes

Nanas French Toast (Vape Kitchen) 70/30 3mg (12-29-19) – From Vape Kitchen …

Nana’s French Toast is brioche dipped in a cinnamon-spiced egg batter, rolled in crunchy corn flakes and grilled to perfection. Topped with powdered sugar and syrup, of course, because Nana wouldn’t have it any other way.

Starting this off, I’ll share that my NUMBER ONE favorite French Toast is RFSC FT. It had every element that you would expect from a FT. How does VK do there’s ?? Differently, and quite a bit. When I first topped off the RDA and started testing, I stepped back thinking, “Wait, French Toast” ? I had been used to the RFSC’s breaded, buttery, syrupy goodness, but this was quite a bit different. Kept vaping it, trying to decide what was going on, even finger tested (I don’t finger test), to try to better figure out how to even explain it, and it is/was/is difficult. As far as the name, “Nana” is in there, but supposedly referencing Nana the chef, not the flavor, right ? Well, I kept getting nana the flavor in this one. Lightly so, and on the top note of things, but kept getting it, and it didn’t seem to out of place. Overall (compared to my fav and others) this was a much lighter French Toast. None of the heavy bread, egg, butter, and in your face syrup that you typically get. Now, is that good or bad ?? Unsure. It was a very unique, lighter approach to a french toast, that had a light banana almost top end. The bakery was lower in the mix, and the corn (flakes ?) was evident throughout the vape. Cinnamon spice was in there, but fairly low, and it finished with a light banana-ish finish. Pretty interesting take on FT. If you are looking for a more traditional heavy on the eggy/bready/syrupy FT this will not work for you, BUT, if you’re interested in trying a different, lighter approach on a FT, this WILL work for you. Mix was full, and on the lighter side, but did kind of pull you back in for more, so I think that’s a success. Hard to rate, conventional vs. different take on FT. I think it works, just in a newer and interesting way, so 8.5/10 will work here.

10 Likes

Buko Pandan (Vape Kitchen) 70/30 3mg (12-30-19) – From Vape Kitchen …

Buko Pandan is a Filipino dessert salad typically served during the holidays. We mix sweet coconut milk, condensed milk and pandan jelly in this interpretation.

OK, right out of the gate, this one, was a creamy brick, RIGHT to the FACE !!! OMG on the thick levels of creaminess in this one. Immediately reminded me of the Hangsen creams, i.e. Italian, Ice Cream, Cream, etc. After the mega, super rich creaminess, the coconut falls into second place with some condensed milk, and ends with a nice somewhat sweet finish. Now from the description, I was looking for the jelly in this one, as it would have been a nice punch through all of the creamy coconut, but I couldn’t find it. Doesn’t mean this is a fail, but it’s a super rich, creamy coconut, and a lil’ bit of jelly would have helped to clear the palate up just a smidge. What’s interesting is finger testing, I think I AM getting some jelly, but just can’t find it, vaping it. Let’s re-fill, and re-check this one. Hmmmm, maybe just a smidge it anything, as an overall high note, but it’s fighting for it’s life with the decadent, heavy creams, and coconut. As a mix, it’s quite delishious, heavy, creamy, and full, just missing that little jelly punch. Solid @ 8/10.

9 Likes

Yep, banana. Wow that’s odd. What the heck is banana doing in there. I want the strange banana note gone. :woozy_face:

4 Likes

If they called it something like Exotic Vanilla would you have liked it more? Curious to know your thoughts on how a name may affect the experience.

5 Likes

I think that would have been more accurate.

When I’m reviewing @anon70102222 I do have to keep in mind what the manufacturer is claiming, either by name, or description. It was very good, but presented as a lighter version of DIYFS Holy Vanilla, and less “custard”.

7 Likes