Vape Kitchen e-liquid reviews by SessionDrummer

Perfect Pear (Vape Kitchen) 70/30 3mg (12-30-19) – From the Manufacturer …

We believe if you’re going to make a straightforward fruit flavor, it should be perfect. The Perfect Pear is an award-winning all day vape and one of our bestsellers. It’s sweet, juicy and fresh.

I seee youuuu !!! Oh yes I do Flavor West Double Minty Gum. Wow, that was NOT a good idea to use in a Pear juice. If it’s not FW, it’s another, but I know this flavor well, as I’ve been trying to work up something using it. This Pear has it in there at a way too high level, and I immediately recognized the drier finish of it. OK, hat’s off to VK for trying something really strange, hehe, but it doesn’t work. Not at all. To me this was 70 % Double Minty Gum, and 30% Pear. Finger testing, re-vaping, changing the cotton did not change this. Despite having vaped this a bit ago, I still have the dry (telltale) finish of the DMG going on. Well folks, every one can’t be a winner. The pear(s) in this are completely overshadowed by a very present/forward doublemint gum that sadly drives the entire mix off the cliff, IF, you were looking for a juicy pear. There are no sugary crystal notes that an actual pear has, none of the sweet juicy pear-ness. I’ll give a point for trying something unexpected, but that’s about it. 3/10.

9 Likes

Jubilee (Vape Kitchen) 70/30 3mg (12-31-19) – From the Manufacturer …

Jubilee is a blend of peach, pineapple, lychee, raspberry and blackberry. So fresh and fruity, it’s a fruit flavor worth celebrating.

Alright let’s see what we’ve got here. Outta the gate, this was a nicely sweet, fruit medley. As far as the pairings go, it was fairly well blended such that none really stood out. Maybe the Lychee and Pineapple a bit to the front, but only slightly. It didn’t present as overly dark, as could have been the case with the Rasp. and Black berries. Mix was fairly full and the sweetness wasn’t over the top like many commercial fruit juices. Plenty of pop and sizzle with nothing off putting or fatiguing. Could make for a great summertime vape. As it stands as a whole, a fairly front facing fruit medley, and nicely evened out so no one flavor steals the show. Not the most complex, but I don’t think it needs to be. Nicely sitting on the higher end @ 8/10.

9 Likes

White Raspberry (Vape Kitchen) 70/30 3mg (12-31-19) – 2nd to the last folks, here’s what they had to say …

An all day vape that’s so balanced, burnout it nearly impossible. White Raspberry blends tart raspberry, sweet ripened peaches and a touch of white grape. It has a cool, non-menthol finish.

Alright, out of the gate, I could tell this was NOT in my wheelhouse, as the first impressions were Wintergreen Gum. Now, vaping it deeper (that’s what SHE said), revealed a whole lot MORE of the same, but with some added Raspberry nuances. Smelling it in the bottle revealed some white grape, that wasn’t overly present when vaping it. If the peach was in there, it was obscured by everything else going on here. Lacked focus, and was a rather blurred mix overall to my tastes. I’m not a fan of cooling, but knew that going into this one per their description. Re-dripping and vaping more did seem to reveal some more of the white grape. Further vaping confirmed I’m NOT a fan of cooling LOL. Alright, just because it’s not in your wheelhouse, you must vape on. Overall, it just seemed like a blurry raspberry/wintergreen gum w./ some white grape. It was indeed a full-ish vape, but I think, just not MY vape. There were some creams in there maybe, to fill it out a bit, but blurry was the word that kept coming to mind, so I feel good leaving this @ 4.5/10.

9 Likes

Opus One (Vape Kitchen) 70/30 3mg (12-31-19) – LAST ONE, can we go out with a bang ? From Vape Kitchen…

To craft Opus One, we infuse VG with vanilla and earl grey for 14 days then mix it with a proprietary blend of 25 flavors. The result is an ultra creamy all day vape that contains no dairy.

Whew, what the heck IS this one ?? !!! OK, def. getting the Earl Grey in there, but the OTHER 24 flavors ?? Mmmmm, not sure here. Getting kind of a mish mosh of a creamy, bitter, over burnt brulee maybe ?? Maybe they should have held back about 20 flavors or so. Once you get past the earl grey, there are some caramel notes, maybe some butterscotch, and maybe coffee buried in there somewhere ?? It’s rather muddied and hard to clearly taste. The bitterness picks up for me about half way through the vape and finishes that way, so not sure if this could be an ADV for me. Repeated vaping revealed exactly the previous comments, and my final take is an Earl Grey, great creamy elements, but saddled with an overly burnt and/or bitter brulee. Sweetness and fullness were both OK, but what it was full of, might not be working. Sadly going to leave this LAST one in the bunch rather low @ 3.5/10.

9 Likes

WHEW, that was a lotta testing there. All in all Vape Kitchen has a very unique take on mixing, which was great to experience first hand. Some really good ones, some strange ones, and some bad ones, just like every kitchen I suppose. If I had to pick a few MUST HAVES, they would be the following:

Thai Mango Reserve
Bad Mother Custard
Bean Leaf and Cream
Mangeaux
Pineapple Whip

Thanks for reading, and have a GREAT new year !!!

11 Likes

I don’t know how I had missed this thread. I order 4 of the 5 on that list and would have order the other if I had been smart (missed out on the Pineapple), for some reason I was only able to view half the thread in the morning as I was putting in my order.
Thanks for reviewing the VK’s and tossing up the post about them.

3 Likes

I wonder why they felt the need to create some outlandish, seminal, Define The Brand type concentrate like that. The description seems to read like ‘look how clever we are’ more than ‘we make awesome flavors’. Sounds really odd to me.

Great reviews across the board, man!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @anon70102222, it means a lot. As far as that last one, I might have to SHIP it to you, and see what YOU think of it !!!

On a side note, I like(d) about 5% of ALL the commercial juices I’ve ever tried, so the fact that (to my palate) they had much more winners than sinners impressed me overall. I think they’ve got a used/re-used cream base, that is excellent. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Polite pass. Sounds too wonky for me.

3 Likes

@CallMeTut you’re welcome, and please post back what your thoughts are on the ones you got.

2 Likes

Gonna pick up some tomorrow during RS sale, thanks for the reviews, they were awesome brother :+1:

4 Likes

This is the first one I am trying and your description is spot on. Not a big mango fan as well but this one is something I can vape for most of the day. Not too sweet or in your face which is what I like.

Any idea of what mango flavor they might be using? Gonna go through my selection of mango flavor this weekend and see if I can spot it. I do get that subtle Sprite taste to it too but the mango is the real star.

Now I am looking forward to trying the rest I bought based on your recommendation. I hope the Mangeaux didn’t just spoil me out of the gate :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you very much @mjag

I’m not sure, but will have to check as well.

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer Any notes on Opus 4? Have you tried it yet? I’m on the site now ready to buy the BL&C and Buku Pandan.

3 Likes

Sorry @muth I didn’t get the Opus One. :frowning: You def. have to report back on what you think about them though.

3 Likes

What does that mean? Never heard that term used before.

3 Likes

Hehe @muth. Let’s say it’s a “recycled” cream base. You can detect it in multiple flavors, in differing strengths, but it’s still the same base.

3 Likes

I got my order today…Opus 4, Bean, Leaf and Cream, Buku Pandan and more Ube Macapuno. Obviously I gave this one a bit higher rating than you. Maybe 8/10 because I really liked the coconut in it. Haven’t had time to vape them yet but upon smelling the BL&C had to finger test it. Oh boy, I think I’m going to like this one.

There’s an Opus 2 & 3 but I don’t see it at RS unless they’ve been discontinued.

4 Likes

Ah, I get it.

3 Likes

Outstanding @muth, can’t wait to hear what you think.

3 Likes