Vapers! Show off your Instruments!

Agreed. “Drowning On Dry Land” anyone?
There’s so many right and left hand techniques and picking styles that elicit different tones. I remember spending several hours trying to nail pinch harmonics with pick angle and attack.

I play too loud too think so I never gave it too much thought :sunglasses: but yeah…fat, creamy, saturated, brown sound, woman tone… usually in reference to an amp’s (or FX pedal) characteristics.

2 Likes

The Source speaks.

2 Likes

Believe it or not some tube amps actually have “preheat” circuitry.
Me…I just flip it ON and wait a minute for them to come up to temp.

2 Likes

Never cared for Albert’s style TBH. Roy’s version seems much more fluid.

2 Likes

Axe and original Magic Box prototype (built into a mic-case):

Fender Stratocaster, 1981

Original color: Olympic White
Final color: Nicotine Gold … :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

That OCD is a useful box it is.

6 Likes

LOL. Yep!

Never leave home without it!

3 Likes

I only have the pocket rocket atm… but one day will be looking for pedals…
I have a list already
but I ma mostly acoustic… except for my diddley bow, then it is on my roland… love that tiny amp! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Always heard that birch had a much tighter sweet spot than most materials but I’ve never had any experience with them. I figured that, given the choice, I would prefer maple or mahogany. I haven’t had much experience with quality woods as my relationship with poverty has prevented this. Of course, buying any drums will usually introduce you to poverty quickly. And don’t even get me started on electronic drums. Right now, I’d just be happy to find someone to play with. That seems to be even more impossible.

3 Likes

It’s not the size that matters, @SessionDrummer Haha!

Ludwig Neusonics, built in North Carolina :smile:
Yamaha Oak Custom snare, built in Japan

3 Likes

4 Likes

One of the more difficult instruments to master! For real.

2 Likes

@Plunderdrum very nice. Like the finish, the NC roots, and that deep bass drum !!!

2 Likes

@badmoon1 I’d never heard that, but that was surely how they were tuning. Bought my wife a birch kit, and had it dialed in in less than a half hour. Different shell construction and type of birch not withstanding. I had always been told that birch had trimmed mid range with boosted highs and lows.

2 Likes

Spanish Cedar is the best… look it up… most of the finger pickers love that S Cedar and it’s what helps give off those good vibes! :slight_smile: Not to mention, but it smells good too! Most cigar boxes are made from it, and you already know, they are too cool!

3 Likes

Yea Cedar it’s a very nice tonal wood. But for Classical Music alot of players including me, like Spruce better… It’s bright open and and punches out the full spectrum of tone with better seperation of tone and notes. Not saying I don’t like my Spanish Cedar guitar. It’s still sounds awesome but Darker sounding with Richer Undertones… but the notes all seem to meld into each other compared to the Spruce Top. I guess it depends on the piece if I choose the Cedar over Spruce.

(LEFT) Kenny Hill New World Player 650 mm (Spruce)
(RIGHT) Loriente Clarita 650 mm (Cedar)

Here’s a sample difference the First one he plays is Spruce. Bright and punching all the notes separately. The second one is a Cedar Still nice and Warm for slower songs. But you can hear how it makes fast passages kinda muddy or duller.

3 Likes

It does depend… just like with tunings… and it’s the #1 reason why anyone that plays strings, has a lot of instruments :wink: No 2 sound alike, ever! :slight_smile:

4 Likes