Vapers who have caught Covid19?

I’m curious about some facts surrounding vaping and the Corona Virus and thought this site would be probably the best to ask a few questions. Firstly who has or knows anyone who has contracted the Virus and vapes.?
Are there any kind of statistics or facts regarding infected people who vape and if we actually are at a higher risk like cigarette smokers?
Please any information will be appreciated and since this site is pro Vaping I’m interested in any comments on this topic!

Mally

4 Likes

The FDA went back on their warnings on vaping and the virus:

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-04-16/fda-shifts-its-covid-19-stance-on-vaping-smoking-impact

More info here:

5 Likes

On TV cable-news as well as in “print”, I have seen - and it is abundantly clear - that there exist those (white-coated moral orators) champing at the bit for any (including due to illicit Cannabis vaping could be easily substituted, with few recognizing the difference) hint of any (especially younger in age) person passing as a result of COVID-19 who has reported (or others have speculated) at any time “vaped”.

An entire new “industry” of pearl-clutching and chest-beating propaganda awaits its inevitable birth.

That is not to say that inhaling (any) foreign vapors, smoke, etc. makes things easier on one’s lungs.
:thinking:

4 Likes

I agree with your statement.

4 Likes

I vape and I feel fine, but I can see how there may by a higher risk because my mod is always going up to my mouth and ya know touching mod / drip tip. If your hands and mod got germs, gonna end up in ya mouth. Plus hard to vape with face mask on!

7 Likes

Being a Bloomberg-blessed “pamphlet”, this is surely the beginning of crusades to (again) damn vaping.
:thinking:

3 Likes

I could have sworn I had it late Nov… but I have not. Influenza B is what I had… :slight_smile:
My antibody test came back neg… found out this morning.

7 Likes

B-Victoria came from “way down under”. Guess it is high time, then, to heap the blame on the Aussies !
:clown_face:

4 Likes

That is the last Aussie I ever date :stuck_out_tongue: :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I believe I had covid19 a couple weeks ago… even got a week off with pay. I’m all better now back to work and didn’t stop vaping even for a day. They wouldn’t test me because I’m in good health so I don’t know for sure but I had all the symptoms. We all gonna die someday so fuck the fear mongering… just sayin’

6 Likes

How could you possibly have had it in Nov?
I swear all the fake news and conspiracy theories are driving people crazy.

6 Likes

Tell that to all the nurses seeing people die at record pace every single day just about anywhere in the world.
Tell that to all the people having lost loved ones who had everything going for them in their life, no health issues whatsoever.
I can’t remember a time in my life where so many doctors, nurses and other social care people have died from a single disease in such short period.
I can’t remember a time in my life where people had to dig mass graves in peace time…

Just sayin’

5 Likes

Really? I haven’t seen any of what you are propagating. I call BS

5 Likes

closing eyes

5 Likes

I have noticed and it’s all positive for us vapers that this Virus has actually caused a larger split between Smoking and vaping. Even the experts are finally able to separate the two into different categories. Not only that but marijuana use is now more to blame for the outbreak of fatalities regarding vaping and its apparent hazardous consequences. Its something I’ve noticed or I should say haven’t seen as much publicity that was a very serious issue within the last month and a half. Maybe it’s just because this pandemic has the whole world more concerned about real issues and hazardous health concerns. In one hand we should be somewhat be thankful that these so called experts actually have something serious to try regulate and problem solve instead of a small group of people trying to quit smoking cigarettes. JMO

Mally :sunglasses:

4 Likes

He’s a Blockhead who wants a proof of what he can’t perceive,
And he’s a Fool who tries to make such a Blockhead believe.
-William Blake

3 Likes

Maybe you have to awake now and open your eyes :smirk:
I dunno, just follow the news man

2 Likes

If something is not in my face, or jumpin’ up my backside, I see no reason to acknowledge “fake news”.
:joy:

2 Likes

Well I’ve never seen him, so I guess I’m just talking to a troll bot too

2 Likes

Ostensibly, The End draws nigh - so we will all have a chance to suffer the Red Night of Dunning Kruger
:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes