Vapewild! the ill-gotten gains review

Bit of back story with this review, I won a competition from Vapewild for credit to the value of
14usd that would of been the value of one 10ml bottle + shipping so I may have been a bit cheeky and found a discount code to make it a bit more practical.

I ordered 20ml of cinnamon toast cereal and forgot about it, two weeks later this box arrived from Buck Wilderness himself marked as “Beard treatment” being a bearded wonder and something of a pretentious prick beard oil connoisseur I attempted to remember any hazy late night shopping sprees…

Upon opening I was pleased to discover a big vapewild logo on the inside of the box lid.

Inside was an additional three 10ml bottles of juice, one in a separate bag with a little card with saying to vape it forward, one free 10ml sample and the soon to be infamous 10ml “mystery flavour” so for my 20ml I ordered I actually ended up with 50ml and so this review came about.

Bottles

The bottles are all child proof (a legal requirement in the EU but not the US) however there are no warnings on the bottles barring some very small print stating “keep away from children and pets” Nicotine level and VG ratio are marked clearly however I do find the lack of warnings a little concerning.

Method

Couple of things to mention at this point I vaped these essentially fresh, the only steeping they have had is the 2 week shipping from the US and I have spent just over a day with each of these flavours.

secondly I’ve tested these in a selection of RDA’s with different standard builds just straight up macro/micro coils I feel that this gives the best profile for most people in daily use. I have also tested them in a cthulhu with 0.5 ohm .42mm kanthal A1 build at 2mm inner diameter none of this is really relevant as everyone vapes their own way but it should give you a feeling of what I got from these juices.

All of these juices were at 65vg/35pg and 3mg with no extra flavouring

now less of me chatting here is my opinion on the juice

Blue lemon Squeezy:

This was something of a surprise to me, the website states its blueberry and lemonade.

Colour: Absolutely crystal clear

Scent: Mildly like cloudy lemonade or a less synthetic lemon pledge!

Taste: It says lemon and blueberry, I didn’t really get that as such, what I found was there was a very nice traditional lemonade flavour with some hint at something else.

It was a little sweet to be a ADV for me but no where near the sickly face scrunching sweetness i’m used to in US juices. Overall I think I might order it again in small amounts for a sunny day but for me it’s not an ADV, if it was more refreshing and less sweet I would buy a 30ml but as it stands I would only grab it in 10ml bottles.

Fruit Hoops:

This was a treat! I hadn’t had any cereal vapes prior to trying these and after this I feel I’ve actually missed out! The site says Orange, lemon and cherry notes with a creamy milk base. It lied what I got was much better.

Colour: Clear with a slight orange hue

Scent: Wheaty with some unidentifiable fruit (maybe orange?!) and a slight caramelly sweetness

Taste: The site talks fruity bollocks when it comes to this, what you actually get is a slightly synthetic but rounded citrus which sounds horrible but its actually pretty damn close to the real cereal and a wheat flavour combined with a sweet milk which as the cliche goes “the milk left in the bowl at the end” but I can genuinely say that’s what it tastes like! This was a big surprise to me and I am impressed!!

All up this is almost exactly what it says it is, my only reservation I have is that there may be issues with the flavouring consistency as I have seen a fair number of reports from people that like it saying they have had poor bottles, with that said I can definitely say I will order this again probably in the 60ml size its certainly worth a gamble!

Cinnamon toast crunch:

I love cinnamon juices but I honestly believe that this one may of been a mixing error (I really regret ordering this as my actual 20ml choice) but as it’s what I have it’s what i’m basing this on. I will be steeping this a lot longer but unfortunately I really think this one is a write off.

Colour: Crystal clear with a light brown tint

Scent: Sweet wheaty cinnamon Batman!

Taste: It has a very similar (if not identical) sweet milky base and wheaty flavour as the fruit loops but it is sickeningly sweet, its almost like someone added a milliliter or two of Ethyl maltol “for good measure”.

Oversweetening aside this has a slightly strange flavour, the cinnamon is very prominent as you would expect and I indeed was hoping but rather then the sweeter more bakery cinnamon you get with cinnamon toast crunch cereal it had a definite taste of cinnamon red hots which while pleasant really doesn’t work with the creamy milky base. As stated I believe this is an error but I wouldn’t order this based on what I have tried, It is possibly the sweetest most mismatched flavour juice I have had in a very long time.

Mystery flavour (Peaché Guavara) “as tried live on the hangout!”:

I’m going to waffle a little about this juice due to the fact I found it an interesting experiment and I hate non-descriptive titles if you want to skip this go for it…

Still with me? Awesome! For those of you who are unaware Vapewild choose a random juice every month and re-label it as “mystery juice” I think this is a horrible idea in theory as I like to know what flavours i’m vaping but in practice and as it’s free it had some intriguing results.

When I initially tried this on the hangout I could of sworn that it was almost a variation on fizzmustards nana’ cream, I tasted strawberry predominantly with some apple sharpness and a sort of creamy citrus base and the smell was predominantly apple. After the hangout I started asking questions about it which is where I discovered the concept of the “Mystery flavour” it was then I realised this was in fact Peaché Guavara after I learnt what this was it tasted exactly as I imagined a primarily peach and guava juice would no strawberry or apple! Just shows the power of suggestion anyway I will stop waffling now and get on with the review!

Colour: Clear with a yellow green tinge.

Scent: (After finding out what this was) sweet peach and apple.

Taste: This is strange stuff, It tastes of sweet peach, guava and with a touch of sour apple. What I found most bizarre was that the texture and inhale reminds me somewhat of /u/fizzmustards nana’ cream recipe without the strawberry… or banana… its very difficult to define that part but all up what you get is a light fruity sweet peach with a bit of a tropical juice flavour. I think this is one I would throw in my shopping cart in a 20ml, again a little sweet for an ADV for me but the flavour is very fruity and nicely rounded.

If i’m really honest to do a full review of this particular/peculiar juice I think I really needed a 20ml, at the end of a 10ml I still feel I really haven’t quite pinned this one down completely. I would certainly buy this probably get a 30ml to figure it out better.

Range overview:

I have only tried these four flavours so big conclusions are very difficult however I’m feeling that these are good budget juices, the ones I’ve had were all very smooth (barely any throat hit at 65VG/35PG even with the abomination that was the cinnamon toast sweetener!) and tasty but its really unfortunate that they seem to suffer from the curse of US juice and are all a little too sweet to be all day vapes for me at least.

Really great customisation options “off the shelf” it’s nice to see 1.5mg and 9mg options as well as the standard 0,3,6,12,18,24mg, solid if slightly odd PG/VG ratio range (max PG anyone?) and the option for an additional 50% flavouring if you want it extra strong or fancy knocking the juice down yourself.

The extra tester, vape it forward and mystery juice appear from what I can gather to be standard practice for all orders from them which is a nice bonus along side the steeping card and sticker.

I can see myself having a damn good crack at a fair amount more of the Fruit Loops and Peaché Guavara and I’m intrigued to try more of their range, I will be putting in an order for a sample pack to try more of them and grab some more fruit loops!

additional:
Service seemed good but I have had no problems so I can’t comment on their ability to resolve issues, do however be aware though as its USPS first class international their tracking will stop at the departure facility in the states (I spent an hour trying to work out why the package in my hands was apparently still in Chicago…).

It is worth noting something I touched on earlier, I really enjoyed these but there are a lot of comments about inconsistency of batches and considering I believe the cinnamon toast cereal may of been an error do be aware of it!

Oddly when I was working up a large order to get a better feeling of prices I appeared to be assigned a rep who was “coincidentally” free when I clicked the 480ml option (nice touch I liked that one) so I took the opportunity to ask if she had heard of any customs issues when shipping to Sweden, she said she hadn’t however with that in mind the boxes do have fraudulent customs declarations for value, contents and sender so if one does get stopped you can expect a little explaining. I haven’t had a problem with customs in Sweden yet but it is something to remember as there is a big vapewild stamp on the inside of the lid…

Fin

So if you fancy having a go at these the website is www.vapewild.com and be sure to check for discount codes as there seem to be a whole load floating around!

6 Likes

Good stuff, @Dumbgecko :smiley:

Thank you! I was pretty impressed nothing that should be hard to DIY but the mystery flavour was enlightening

1 Like