VapeyMama's Dripping Box! A review of the Kanger Dripbox 160 Starter Kit

Sometimes you like a little dripping here and there. Sometimes you’re perfectly happy dripping all the time, everywhere you go. But sometimes that constant dripping gets old and you just want to have your tasty juice shot straight up…the bottom…of your atty… I’m taking about squonking, obviously, so without further ado let me show you my box… The Kanger Dripbox 160!

Lets start at the bottom and work our way up, shall we?

First things first, I’ll flip her face-down ass-up.

There we’ll find the battery door and latch. Open up the door and you’ll find that she takes 2x18650 high amp batteries which will get her going up to 160 watts and up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit in temp control mode. You’ll also see a small magnetic plate that covers the bottom of the squonk bottle and holds it in place. The magnets are actually nice and strong, I’ve never had it pop off accidentally.

The bottle holds 7ml of juicy goodness which is delivered to the coils through a metal tube that sticks into the bottle, up through the 510 pin, and into the RDA.

The screen displays your basics: a battery bar, ohms, watts, volts in power mode, and tempurature in TC mode. You can change it from a black background to white if you so desire.
The fire button can be ever so slightly finicky. Sometimes she needs an extra little flick to get her going, but that’s not a huge issue.

TC mode supports nickel 200, titanium, stainless steel and Ni-chrome wire. I’ve been perfectly happy with the performance of ss in temp control although I do usually just stick to power mode.

The Subdrip 160 RBA is included in this kit. It features four air flow holes for your vaping pleasure. Two of the holes are long slots that provide a very airy direct lung hit when they’re wide open. And two are small for a more restricted mouth to lung hit. Whatever your vaping preference, she’s got you covered. No wrong hole here! (I bet you wish your girlfriend was so accommodating…) Just twist the top cap to open and close the air holes you’d like to use or block.

The build deck on the Subdrip dual coil RDA sports velocity style posts and is fairly easy to build on. There’s quite a lot of room to stuff your cotton into, which means you can load it full of juice and vape away without having to squonk every other draw.

And if building isn’t your thing? Well then prebuilt and wicked coil heads are available too! Just screw and go.
The flavor from this RBA is pretty good. Not the best I’ve ever had, but good nonetheless. I’d give it 8/10 for flavor with DTL hits. Shutting the air flow down to about 50% helps build the vapor up for a denser more flavorful vape.

Overall I’ve been very satisfied with this kit. It’s wonderful to use while driving or out and about when you might not want to be dripping all over the place. Its great for vapers who for whatever reason can’t or don’t want to build their own coils, but want the RDA experience. And the cost isn’t bad either, considering you get the mod and the RDA for one price. With a little googlefu you can usually find the Dripbox 160 kit for around $50.

Now pardon me while I bore you for a moment with a quick rundown of some specs and features…

Dimensions: 4-3/4" x 2" x 1" (Including Subdrip 160 RBA)
Includes the Subdrip 160 RBA and Dripbox 160 Mod
22mm Diameter
Bottom Feeding Design
Squeezable Juice Delivery System
Temperature Control
Top-Fill Option
Variable Wattage Output: 7.0 - 160.0W
Temperature Control : Ni200 / Ti / SS / Ni-Chrome
Temperature Control Range: 100 - 315C / 200 - 600F
Resistance: 0.05 ohm or above for Ni/ Ti/ SS Wire
Resistance: 0.10 ohm or above for Ni-chrome Wire
7ml e-Liquid Capacity
Velocity Style Base for Rebuildable Coils
Use pre-built 0.2ohm drip coils or build your own
Subdrip 160 RBA - Stainless Steel Casing
Dripbox 160 - Zinc Alloy Casing
Requires (2) 18650 High Amp Batteries
Micro USB Charging Port (although an external charger is recommended)
Low Resistance Protection
Low Battery Warning Indicator
High Temperature Protection

Package Contents:
1 x Kanger Dripbox 160 Device
1 x Kanger Subdrip 160 RBA
1 x Stainless Steel 0.25ohm Drip Coil (Pre-Installed)
1 x Replacement Kanthal 0.2ohm Drip Coil
1 x Spare Bottle
1 x Accessory Pack
1 x Pad of Cotton
1 x Micro USB Cable

And as always, don’t forget to go see how this stacks up against other juicy pieces of vapeology over at steampugs.co.uk!

Vape on, you mother foggers!
~VapeyMama

P.S. A special thanks and shoutout to @MisterSinner for gifting this kit to me. What a guy, huh? :wink:

21 Likes

awww shucks. Thanks. Geat review btw and killer logo!

8 Likes

Another awesome review beaut! Keep em coming! :ok_hand:

6 Likes

You’re very welcome! And thank you!

5 Likes

Thanks @Lolly, there’s plenty more where that came from!

4 Likes

All the credit goes to @Norseman for that!!

8 Likes

He is killing it with the banners and logos for you guys. :boom:

6 Likes

For sure!!! Gotta love that guy.

5 Likes

I wanted to throw up a little reading your introduction but I have been looking for a dual battery squonker that would do decent TC. The drone has been discontinued. I ordered one per your recommendation. Here’s hoping.

2 Likes

:joy: sorry about that!!
I hope you enjoy it!

1 Like

Not a big deal. I do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on the mod. I seriously would not have purchased it otherwise. Your assessment of the tc sealed the deal.

2 Likes

Uhmmm … after reading this review I uhhh …I was squonking and squonking more and more and faster and… well I prematurely squonked … hot sticky juice everywhere. It happens to everyone right? At least that’s what they say. The other side of this is the ijoy RDTA Box and the SMOK Skyhook. RDA style decks with large tanks built into the top of the mods.Just tip to refill your wicks. Both have problems, but the ijoy is easier to work on and fix. I use it almost every day. Thanks VapeyMama for the review. You were… I mean the review was sooo good.

2 Likes

Aww, yeah honey, that happens to everybody. :wink:
Glad you enjoyed it. Make sure to practice safe squonking!

3 Likes

Brilliant review VM lmaooo :joy:

loved it thank you

2 Likes

Thanks, Pugs! :grin:

2 Likes

@VapeyMama, what @MisterSinner said ^^^^

2 Likes

@Norseman Nice logo brother…

3 Likes

That’s what she said! Very nice I think I will have to pick one up.

3 Likes

And so it begins …

:wink:

1 Like

Thanks @SessionDrummer and @Cutlass92! :kissing_heart:

1 Like