Vaping Calories?

So i’ve been searching and haven’t found a clear answer. Is vaping fw flavorings that contain fructose similar to eating/drinking fructose as far as calories are concerned? I would assume so, but it hasn’t come up from what I can tell. Seems like it would be easy for calorie intake to get out of control if you’re not paying attention to it.

First of all…don’t vape fructose. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But if you do and if the caloric content of vaping was the same as eating, I don’t think it would be a lot. So hypothetically, let’s say 10% of your e juice is flavoring with some sort of calories. Your tank holds 3ml. So in that tank will be .3ml of flavoring. And let’s pretend that the flavoring is pure sugar (it’s not, obviously, but it makes the math easier). That would be .3 ml of sugar/fructose, which is under 1 calorie. So considering that the flavor in reality probably only has a small fraction of any kinds of sugar in it, you’d have to vape several tankfulls of your juice to even add up to 1 calorie. And that’s IF you would in fact absorb calories by vaping the same way you do by eating them.

5 Likes

Oh! Not to mention the fact that you don’t absorb everything you vape, you blow most of back out. So I think it’s fair to assume that would lower the caloric content even more compared to eating where all the calories are absorbed.

2 Likes

That all makes sense. I agree that the caloric content is probably super low, but sometimes these liquids taste so good it seems like I’m cheating because I try to cut out as much sugar as possible from my diet.

2 Likes

But yeah it’s time to cut out the fructose flavorings anyway. There are plenty of great flavors without it.

2 Likes

And that’s why it’s such a beautiful thing!! :yum:

I would have to say no.

In fact, one of my main lines for getting females into vaping is the fact that it has no calories :wink:

LOL :laughing: Can vaping make you fat?

I agree with @VapeyMama, don’t use flavors with Fructose. Problem solved. It’s VERY likely it is not good for you. Cake Yellow, Cake Batter Dip, Dragonfruit (FW), Caramel (original) (TPA) and all the others you should be able to find perfectly acceptable alternatives. I use Vanilla Cupcake FW myself for either of the cakes. Salted Caramel (FW) is nice. By the way, Fructose is also hard on your coils…

2 Likes