Vaping & Covid-19

I posted in another thread about my symptoms and how it affected me. One thing I didn’t mention that may be of interest, is I vaped throughout the 6 days I suffered with it and I found it triggered my cough every time I inhaled.

I certainly vaped less, but still felt I needed my nicotine hit at times, even though I knew it would trigger my cough and even when I was struggling for breath for 24 hours.

Not proud of the fact, I still needed to vape at times, but something to talk about and consider not doing or cutting right down, if you are unfortunate enough to get it.

5 Likes

I go through that with allergies as well.

3 Likes

As you may know, SARS-CoV-2 binds to ACE2 Receptors - which exist throughout the surfaces of your lung tissue (lower as well as upper respiratory tract). Any lungs “seasoned” by Tobacco (or Cannabis) smoking should be treated with care while the body struggles to fashion antibodies to the SARS-COV-2 antigen. If lungs are at some point more tender and/or feel constricted on one side or the other, laying on one’s side (on the side of the painful lung) causes blood to pool around that lung - which helps with deployment of antibodies. The caveat on that is that in cases of some Cardio-Pulmonary conditions, the Heart has to “work” harder in such cases. Finding relief via experimentation seems the best approach. If a sense of constricted lung expansion in breathing exists, then positions supporting slow deep breaths are more pressing and important. Such intentional slow, deep breathing helps protect lung tissue from fibrosis that can result from inflammation. Adequate (continuous) nightly sleep helps immune function.

2 Likes

If you still vape (or smoke), that’s what they call mild symptoms.
Covid-19 can cause a very severe form of pneumonia and with that, you literally can’t vape and you won’t even think about it. I’ve had “regular” pneumonia a couple years ago and with that, you don’t even think about vaping or inhaling anything other than clean air.

5 Likes

What @anon28032772 said is very true. I had pneumonia several years ago and it damn near killed me. Nothing and I mean NOTHING else matters if you can’t breathe.

3 Likes

Indeed. 48 years of smoking (~30 coffin-nails daily) did not matter. No urge to smoke whatsoever for around 2 months following infection. Nothing like the feeling of suffocating to motivate one’s druthers.

4 Likes

I had bronchitis pneumonia, and I know how that feels! about 15 yrs ago.
Felt like I was dying. If I had not left my front door open and if my neighbors had not checked on me, I would not be here. It was that serious. I was in the hospital for over a week, dehydrated and pretty much on death’s door, knocking hard… I couldn’t smoke either, and I lost over 35 pounds… sick for 2 months.

It’s no fun… between that and my heart issues now… I hope I never get as sick as that.

3 Likes

vape on

2 Likes