Vaping worse than smoking LOL?

My next door neighbor (an ex-smoker) is aware of, and supportive of, my decision to quit my 30 year 2+ pack a day cigarette habit. The other day, I was outside talking with him and his wife and I whipped out my vaping device for a puff or two, and he said, “man, that’s even worse than smoking cigarettes”. Where on earth do people get these ideas? I mean, vaping is to smoking as stepping on a pebble is to stepping on a landmine. Have the propaganda efforts of Big Tobacco and Big Pharma really been THAT effective? Are ex-smokers just resentful that those of us who choose to vape have it so much easier than those who went cold-turkey? What’s going on? Why is vaping nowadays suddenly the worst thing you could possibly do?

1 Like

All most people need to see is a headline and their minds are made up. Also, if you tell somebody the same thing over and over again they will believe it. That’s pretty much it :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

This BS showed up in my facebook feed today https://www.thrillist.com/health/nation/is-vaping-better-than-smoking

I posted links to the UK Public Health report saying vaping was 95% safer than smoking, but who knows if they even read it. If someone has made up their mind before they actually know anything, it can be rather hard to get them to open their dang eyes. :rage:

1 Like

I’m reminded of a quote from the U.S. author Upton Sinclair - “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it”.

2 Likes

Yeah England’s NHS have very positive things on their site.

2 Likes

The Media sells lies …

Aye it does. Lies sponsored by tobacco companies usually.

1 Like

1 Like

Resent is certainly part of the problem. Information gets absorbed into our judgment according to whether it fits our previous opinion - that’s a well known bias. So big T propaganda is working terrific, because the main audience is either uninformed (non-vaper & non-smoker) or inclined to resent others for having it easier and/or being able to “continue” to indulge their vice (ex-smokers) or wouldn’t listen to big T anyway (smokers and vapers alike…).

Since I started hearing about the propaganda war raging across Western nations, I’m speechless at the fact that for once, the authoritarian laissez-faire in China has/will result(ed) in a more healthy environment, for once. :sweat_smile:
I can only advise any vaper I know to be prepared to go full black-market / anarchy on vaping. They may ban it. But fuck them, I’m gonna vape anyway. No big news for anyone on this forum, though lol

1 Like

My petite pretty barber-girl who cuts my hair smokes, she’s absolutely convinced that e-cigarettes are much worse than cigarettes. I tried, but I couldn’t convince her… Very strange!

1 Like

1 Like