Vaporesso Target 2 VTC 75W

Sweet. Once you master a few rebuildables it starts to get really interesting. My biggest step was switching to Ti and temp control. The flavor is so amazing, and the coils are really easy to build. Are you using Ti yet?

Not yet. I seem to move in very small baby steps, I don’t know why. Being that I’m mostly a MTL and not after big clouds I’ve read that TC isn’t a whole lot better. Should judge for myself I guess. But I’ve also read that Ti wire gives phenomenal flavor and that’s really what I’m after. The whole vaping scene has changed so much in the two years I was off doing my own thing with those old carto tanks, it’s pretty confusing and leaves me wondering which way I should go. I love this Vaporesso though, it’s my first external battery mod and I get decent life out of the battery, and I have a cuboid on the way too. I guess what I really want is a couple ( make that a few) tanks that I can easily rebuild with my arthritic hands so I don’t have to keep buying coils. There’s just so many out there! And $30 for a tank is a lot to me, kind of a big investment if I hate it. Right now I’m really looking at that Triton since it’ll fit in my target tank. For $10 if I hate it, it’s not a big deal. GAH! This is worse than shoe shopping!!!

1 Like

I trust @Mofogger that his review of it was pretty good. But even at that, everyone has a different vaping style. I will be ordering a Vaporesso soon. So if you happen to get the Triton RBA and don’t like it give me a shout and I will buy it for what you paid for it.

1 Like

DEAL!! Y’know, I’d totally forgotten that I had ordered myself a subtank, came with a rebuildable deck, DUH! Showed up today. Still gonna get that triton though.

Posted this in another thread, only seems right to post it here as well…an alternative to the Triton RBA:
Anyvape SegaTank RDA Coil Head V2 for Atlantis

It’s a little different layout, slightly larger juice holes
Kidneypuncher no longer sells them, but might still be findable…just another option…

1 Like

Great information… i just posted a new thread , looking for what replacement coils would fit in the Target tank. Now i find this!

1 Like

Hey @redscaddy22, glad you found this thread!

I saw your new thread and the questions you PM’d me. I wanted to answer everything here incase someone else has the same questions in the future. This may be a long post… Let’s begin, shall we…

First, let me say that after several months, I still love this tank/kit! Currently, I have (2) Vaporesso Target mods, (6) Target tanks and over (100) Freemax Starre 0.25ohm coils for backup. The Target tank is my #1 premade coil tank and I’ve tried many tanks. This doesn’t mean it’s for everybody but it’s my #1 and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

As for the Target mod… It’s still in my rotation but I’ve brought my IPV D2’s out of retirement and I use them primarily with the Target tank on top. The reason I’ve gotten away from using the Target mod so much is because there’s a glitch with the LED screen… Sometimes when your battery power gets low, the screen will bug-out and get really hot. Half of the screen goes white and I guess that’s why it gets hot. It had me pretty concerned at first cause I thought it might be a battery issue but took the battery out and it was cool as a cucumber; the screen however, was rather toasty. Here’s what it looks like…

For alternate coils… Many different coils will fit (mentioned previously) and I tested several, but the best ones I’ve found are the 0.5ohm and 0.25ohm Freemax Starre DVC replacement coils. They are inexpensive and I can get 2-4wks use on a coil, depending on what I’m vaping.

The 0.5ohm coils have literally zero break-in time. Tasty from the first pull! They can be found here -> Click Me

The 0.25ohm coils give me just a bit more “Umff” on flavor but they do have a funky skunk flavor when breaking them in. These are the coils I buy in bulk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Breaking in a new coil: I usually vape these at 50-60W in power mode but I start at 30W… Juice up my tank w/new coil then let it sit for ~10minz, start at 30W and take very short puffs with time between pulls, basically just pulsing the coil. I do 4-5 of those, let it rest a couple minz then go to 35W and repeat. Pulls get a little longer each time I up the power. From 35W, I go to 40W, then 45W and so on, repeating the process. By the time you get to the 50-60 range, the funky taste is gone and there’s nothing but deliciousness for the next 2-4wks :yum:. They can be found here -> Click Me

A note on the Triton RBA…
Click Here
I did NOT like that thing :rage:. However… I think it may have been user error. I was using regular wire to make the coils and I think that’s why I kept getting a burnt plastic taste. After doing some additional research, I think I needed NR-R-NR wire which is just WAAAAY too much of a pain in the ass for me to be dealing with :smirk:

I never tried the NR-R-NR wire, but if you’re interested, you can find some here -> Click Me

There is also a FreeMax RBA, but I can’t verify it’s compatibility with the Target tank… I haven’t tried it… You can see it here -> Click Me

I think that covers everything, but if I missed something, hit me up on this thread and I’ll try to cover anything else :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I don’t understand why regular kanthal or ss316L wire wouldn’t work with the triton rba. I looked up the nr r nr wire. Looks like ni200 and nichrome wire twisted/ or clamped together.

I definitely want a rba for the target tank, just to future proof this tank. (I can always buy wire)

Great info @Mofogger . Thanks so much!

1 Like

I would up ordering that rba for my Vaporesso Gemini tank from ebay for less than $9 shipped.

Would be interesting if it will work on my tobecco super tank as well.

Thanks for the heads up @Whiterose0818

1 Like

Vaporesso also makes the Target Tank.
I use .9 Ccell coils in it and love it. (most of the time)
In my experience with the Ccell .9 is when they are good, they are good.
But they do indeed lack consistency.
At least in the QC of the coil.
I’ve not had any go through a change while using the same coil but when changing coils, I’ve had a lot of inconsistency.
Sometimes you’ll get a 5 pack that has 4 good ones.
Sometimes you’ll get a 5 pack that has 4 bad ones.
Out of the 30 or so 5 packs I have purchased so far, I have not had 5 good coils in any 5 pack.
But I can say the good ones are just great.

As for other tanks that’ll use the .9 Vaporesso Ccell coil, here is what I have found so far;
Amigo Donner 22 - 4ml - Bottom Fill
Anyvape Fury Tank - 5ml - Top Fill
Anyvape SegaTank - 4.5ml - Top Fill
Anyvape Peakomizer 2.0 Mega Sub -
Aspire Atlantis Mega - 5ml - Bottom Fill
Aspire Atlantis V1 & V2 -
Aspire Triton V1 & V2 -
Beyond Vape Silo Beast - 5ml - Top Fill
EHPRO & Eciggity Morph Tank - 4.8ml
Eleaf iJust2 - 5.5ml - Bottom Fill
Eleaf Melo - 5ml - Bottom Fill
Eleaf Melo2 - 4.5ml - Side Fill (top)
Freemax Starre - 5ml - Bottom Fill
Freemax Starre Pro - 4ml - Top Fill
Gigue Aeolus Mini
Gigue Aeolus Tank
Ovancl Espole
Playboy Vixen
Science of Vaping Eclipse
Sense Tech Herakles
Smokme Subverter Mini
Sunone Sking Square
Thunderhead Creations-Thunderstorm Tank
Tobeco Super Tank - 4.5ml - Top Fill
Tobeco Super Tank Mini - 4ml - Top Fill
Vapeston Maganus
Vapor DNA Project Sub Ohm Saucecode
Vaporesso Target
Vapor-Tek Morpheus
Vapor-Tek Morpheus V2

Information found from a buddy at VU (dont wanna take credit for this. Ty paratech)

Also this is the tanks that will fit the ccell coils… not the other way around… we\ i am looking for coils that will fit target tank.

Did u order this segatank rba already @mjag ?

Yeah, it got shipped today. I will update here if it works on my Vaporesso Gemini tank.

1 Like

more pics coming soon… now just need info on the rba from you @mjag

2 Likes

I should have the rba in the next couple of days, really busy with work right now though but will try it out as soon as I can and let you know.

1 Like

I’m thinking this eleaf rba will fit in the target tank too. The eleaf ECR head. (Used in melo tanks and ijust tanks)

The vaporesso ccell coils will fit in the eleaf tanks so why wouldn’t their rba fit in my target tank?

Only 2 bucks. Gotta try this

So the possibilities so far are the Atlantis Triton rba, the eleaf ecr head rba, and the anyvape segatank rba.

We need to try all 3 and see what works best in the target tank.

I got the Anyvape RBA in today and it does work on the Vaporesso Gemini tank but is not ideal. The biggest problem is that the Gemini has juice flow control and the wicking holes on the RBA don’t line up, you can see in one of the pics how only a small amount of the cotton is visible and the other side did not line up at all. I was able to vape on it just fine throughout the day but I was using my Hohm Slice to make sure I did not get dry hits with the kanthal coil because I knew wicking might be an issue. I just got home and put the Anyvape RBA into one of my Tobecco Super Tanks and it works good, a little tight on the draw though.

I am not sure if the other Vaporesso tanks also have juice flow control like the Gemini, if they don’t then this might be a good fit.

One other thing I almost forgot to mention is my Gemini did not close completely with the RBA installed, there was a small gap but it was sealed and didn’t leak.

is there anything actually wrong with the target ones?

1 Like

No the ccell coils are great, they give the best flavor of the juice from any coil i ever tried.

Im just trying to find a rba . To build my own coils when these 2 ccell coils eventually die

2 Likes