Vendors that accept Alipay?

I’m an American who has lived in China for 7 years and been vaping for about half that time. I’m new to DIY though and was wondering if any vendors online in the U.S. accept Alipay. Some Capella and other non big 4 flavors are hard to come by here and was wondering if there were sources outside China that I could order from.

2 Likes

Not sure about Alipay but have you considered making a PayPal account? I’ve found most vedors accept that as a form of payment and its a very good reliable service accepted world wide. I’m retired US military and have used my acct for years. Sorry I can’t help you more.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was going to reply much the same as chux.
I’ve done more than a fair bit of online shopping over the years, and this is the first time I’ve heard of Alipay. So I doubt highly that you’ll find one of the more common/major USA vape/flavor vendors that accepts it. I could be wrong though…

The name reminds me of Alibaba (the recent Chinese based online upstart)… would I be correct in thinking they are affiliated? If so, it would easily explain (or lend to) Alipay being a regional/geographically limited service.
Just a shot in the dark mind you.

3 Likes

Yes, Alipay is Alibaba’s answer to Paypal in China. It’s basically the same idea. I’d heard rumors that they were trying to break into the U.S. market but looks like they haven’t yet.

3 Likes

+1 for Paypal.

If you’re in China right now, I can recommend these two shops: aidu for flavours (TPA, CAP, FW, most FA and some INW) and this one for some more flavours (TPA, CAP, some FW, some FA and one or two INW) and for nicotine. Been vaping their nicotine ever since I started mixing and have had only two times trouble with nicotine concentration being off so far. Reasonably priced as well.
As of late, the DIY vendors here are making huge progress! They even started to stock Inawera:astonished:

Anyhow, my 2c

4 Likes

It’s funny those shops you linked are the shops I usually frequent on Taobao. Especially the one out of Huizhou since I’m in Guangzhou. I’ve been searching high and low for LA or even some of the more obscure Capella and TFA flavors unfortunately they are hard to come by here. I will agree however, that they are making huge progress with flavors.

1 Like

Ha, good luck finding LA in China :laughing: You could bug them to stock LA flavour every time you order something, though. That’s what I have been doing for FA and INW since last summer.

Just thought of something… if all your money is in China (or being generated in China), it could be more convenient to get a foreign currency enabled credit card from your Chinese bank. Linking your Paypal to a Chinese account is kind of a headache, tried it once a few years back.

1 Like

Yeah I ran into the headache the other day trying to do the paypal route in China. Not a bad idea to get a foreign currency credit card. Time to talk to she who holds the purse strings AKA the wife.

1 Like

Chinese wife?:wink:

Of course. She’s awesome about my vaping. She made it her personal mission to keep me vaping. I might have given up on vaping early on if she hadn’t supported me.

2 Likes