VENMO shares your transactions by default!

Check out this link. It’s an article explaining how Venmo’s default settings are public for everything.

Your transactions can be viewed by people in what they are calling a “voyueristic fashion.” Your family and friends and their friends can see YOUR transactions from the app.

If you use Venmo, the article further explains what all is being shared and where.

It also explains how to change your settings to FIX this BLATANT violation of your personal security.

11 Likes

For the life of me I just can’t understand why anyone would think that this is friggin OK

9 Likes

What I find nuts is that PayPal which makes you go through hoops as far as security and privacy, owns Venmo. :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

That’s why wanted to make sure you guys were aware. I was appalled when I read that!

It’s baffling to me! Who makes these decisions?

I can just see a panel of tweens sitting in a conference room gossiping about their recent purchases and saying “OMG! You know what would be a AMAZE-BALLS idea?! :tipping_hand_woman:t2: Let’s show EVERYONE what WE buy!” Followed by “OMG Tiffy!! Let’s show EVERYONE what EVERYONE buys!”

:roll_eyes: :woman_facepalming:t2: :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

This is the Facebook/Instagram effect.

7 Likes

Venmo sucks anyways… Zelle guy here.

6 Likes