Very new to DIY. What should I make with this

Hmmmm. I don’t think the fda is doing anything just yet.

As @Chrispdx said, there’s no such thing as an FDA approved anything when it comes to vaping.

so how do you know which juice stores dont have these ?? I mean i dont think these chemicals can ve harmful, but i also believe they wont be harming me more than smoking, but still i just want to know which organization regulates this as i could search for none.

There isn’t any type of regulation. You basically have to rely on what the manufacturers and vendors tell you and hope that they are being honest. This is one of the biggest ‘pros’ for regulations. Some type of oversight isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Until then, it’s also a big reason why a lot of us DIY—so we know what is going into the juice we are vaping.

As far as which retail juices have diketones and which do not, I can’t help you there. I haven’t really kept up with any of that, as I haven’t bought juice in over two years. I am personally not particularly concerned about diketones either, so I haven’t made an effort to research much.

2 Likes

Oh well, I don’t mind honestly anything is better than going back to ciggies. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As @JoJo and @Chrispdx are saying, there is no such thing. The creamy flavours usually are with diacetyl or acetone and if not, they will contain butyric acid instead. Some people rather have the diacetyl than the butyric acid because it smells like vomit. The opinions on the safety of butyric acid are also varying. There hasn’t been any real testing as of yet, or maybe there has been, but they are not honest about what they discover. They are only scaremongering to get people back to the cash cow they call tobacco. We are talking trace amounts though and compared to the 4000+ chemicals I’ve been inhaling for 44 years I’d say it’s a lot better than what I’ve inhaled before. I don’t need government officials to assure me of that, I know how I feel since I stopped smoking and started vaping. The flavour brands at juicefactory.com.au are the same ones they sell in the US so they will not be less safe than anything you order there, you will just get it a lot quicker and I assume a lot cheaper.

2 Likes

What you said does make good sense, vaping is way superior to smoking when it comes to health benefits. Looks like it’s Ozzy flavors for me from now on and stop whining about traces of harmful chemicals. But legit testing results would definitely be something that should be considered aswell, what if that small trace is all you need to get a disease, I don’t know maybe I’m worrying a bit too much :stuck_out_tongue: …just concerned about all vapors not talking only for myself. Hope I don’t get misunderstood due to this and get bashed here, it’s only curiosity.

3 Likes

We don’t do any bashing here, we just try to help others and respect the fact that different people have different opinions :grinning:

3 Likes

Sometimes we may get a bit snarky, maybe alittle goofy. But I’ve found the only thing that doesn’t get well recieved is hiding behind a new account and trying to promote a product/company when you are from that company.

I’ve said plenty of dumb dumb stuff. Or slightly off and havnt recieved any negativity. Sure, a few opportunities to learn something new of course.

Welcome to ELR.

2 Likes