Vg Help please

I’m new to DIY juice. Does anyone use straight vg in there mixes and relying on the flavors for PG?

Another thing I am measuring by ml. when I see a recipe that says .4 ml do you just measure until its almost half and go with it or do you do something else?

6 Likes

@Tjcase some people do use “Max VG”, which is as you said, with no added PG. Many of use mix by weight, but if you mix by volume, and the recipe calls for 0.4ml of something, you would use 0.4ml.

7 Likes

Hello @Tjcase welcome. It is a common practice.

When making the recipe, check MAX VG.

There are 1ml syringes, with which to measure easily.

7 Likes

Yes …To do this make sure your nicotine is also VG based .

Get as close to .4 ml as you can , grab a scale life will be easier

9 Likes

Welcome to the elr community.
You won’t regret investing in a good scale. For right now a 1ml syringe is your best option. If your juice is a bit too thick you can thin it with a ml of distilled water; it’s what I do.

7 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Plenty of good advise and help here.

Do you mean max VG or having a high amount of PG based flavour? Some mixes I make have 20% or more total flavour and with my PG based nic I don’t need any additional PG.

4 Likes

Better switch to mixing by weight. You can get a scale for less than 20$. It will save you lots of time for cleaning out syringes (which never works good).

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Scales-LB-501-Digital/dp/B005UGBG20

5 Likes

Thanks Everyone for the welcome. Im looking forward to learning more on how to improve on mixing

4 Likes