VG+PG quality problem?

Hi there,

I possibly have a too vivid imagination and need your feedback here. Usually, I mix using VG+PG base (70/30) from darkstar. Last time I changed to Vapable VG+PG base (70/30), as it is cheaper and free delivery. It is pharmaceutical grade, so it should be fine. But I think my recipes are harsher now. Is it possible? Maybe I just have a bug in my throat…

Thanks!
Federico

2 Likes

I’ve ordered from Vapable before and had no issues. Got a delivery today for 2 liters PG and 4 VG… haven’t mixed with it yet but I’ll let you know. It’ll take at least a month for me to come back after a steep though.

By the way, some basic info is missing in your question.
Did you try to vape unflavored base liquid (just pg/vg, not even nicotine) and find that it was harsh too?
Which recipe did you make and how long did it steep for?

6 Likes

Thanks Suomynona,
Didn’t tried vaping it alone. The recipes I made (some yesterday, some 3 days ago) were:

I have made some of these in the past and found them smooth.
In the vapable web site there was a customer review reporting that the pre-mixed VG-PG base was found harsh (?)

2 Likes

Never judge a juice after just a couple days… give it some time :wink:

4 Likes

…especially when there is Lemon involved!

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys, happy to know it’s my imagination. Just hoping this is not hurting Vapable for no reason. So any one reading this, it was just my imagination :wink:

4 Likes

I would also advise giving the lemons time to settle. I always give citrus heavy juices a minimum of 10 days, prefer 2-4 weeks.

5 Likes

Was it? Did you try the unflavored base test and it was smooth? I wasn’t saying it was all in your mind, just saying Lemon flavors can be harsh until steeped for a while.

I’ve also noticed recently that my mixes can be really harsh first thing in the morning, before i start hydrating and getting things moving. Our bodies can be a culprit, too!

8 Likes

That’s very true. It takes a bit of time before the cobwebs clear and the taste buds report for active duty.

5 Likes

To be honest, I am not sure it was my imagination, but I feel bad suggesting that some brand quality may not be good when I really have no idea. I just made another recipe now (see below), and it is harsh again. I need to try the base alone as Suomynona suggested…

3 Likes

Just vaped the base alone and it’s fine, not harsh. It must be that my throat is more sensitive today to nic/flavours. Thanks guys!
BTW, I never vaped the base alone before… I think I like it :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Great! The next step is to try the base vg/pg with just your nic. No flavors. Set it at the same strength as your harsh recipes.

5 Likes

No need to apologise. I saw no accusations just a normal question. If you have any, this is the place to be.

5 Likes

30mg is pretty high, i have to assume you’re using a pod or a very low-wattage device with you ohms above 1, maybe 1.8ohm? @federete… didn’t mean to reply to myself!

4 Likes

Actually, might that be the mistake? The other recipes posted are 3mg …
6% total flavor for a pod system seems on the low side too

5 Likes

The flavors used in that recipe contain ingredients like ethyl alcohol, acetoine etc… stuff like that needs to steep out before you vape it or it will be harsh.

5 Likes

Oh, no, I only do about 3 mg. I like low levels of nic so I can vape more :slight_smile:
I am vaping mostly in my wasp nano, 0.18 Ohms, 50W.

4 Likes

Must be that… and that I am more sensitive today because I usually try after mixing and rarely feel harshness (except when using high % of TPA Juicy Peach, TPA Blueberry Wild, CAP Custard, CAP Vanilla Bean Ice cream…)

4 Likes

Honestly speaking, my guess it’s just a steeping issue, maybe combined with a little extra sensitivity today.
Give your juices at least a week time to steep for fruity e-liquids before you vape them and make enough so you won’t run out and have to resort to shake and vapes again. Some may even require a little more time. Having the patience for a long enough steep is very rewarding. Actually, with a little planning, mixing in advance and making enough, you don’t even need patience. You’ll always have something good to vape.

5 Likes

That would do it! The others should be fine, though, so not the answer to the problem.

2 Likes