VG/PG quality

I’ve been Mixing recipes from people on here for a few months now. I’ve picked recipes that are highly rated by 100s of people yet my flavours seem very muted. I’ve researched online and it’s been suggested my VG/PG quality may be the reason why. I’m currently buying from Drip Hacks as it’s cheap but can anyone suggest a company in the UK they use and get plenty of flavour please.

4 Likes

Drip hacks is a good company… I have bought from them one time (Im in the USA) …
how about pop up a link to your recipe or a snapshot and maybe someone can take a look?

Chef’s and Rainbows are decent too

4 Likes

Smokey blue. I’ve mixed up a few recipes like Vampire vapes Heisenberg clone and naked 100 lava flow which are highly rated.
The flavour was there but very muted. I’ve tried raising the flavour percentage but that ruined the taste and even then the flavour wasn’t very prominent. I thought it may be my tastebuds or my Mod/tank/coil so I bought eliquid from the shop and it was full of flavour. It’s becoming a bit frustrating trying to figure out where I’m going wrong but I’m determined to stick to mixing my own juice so my next step is change VG/PG supplier and see if that works. Thanks for the advice and I will try the companies you’ve suggested. Thanks.

3 Likes

See if that works, if not… I would think to investigate the flavors you are working with, by trying them all as solos and find out where you like each one. It is a pain, but it can help give you some clues.

Without seeing which recipes… it’s a hard call for anything.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of sub-standard PG/VG but I suppose anything is possible. You don’t mention it but what atomizers are you using? That’s the next thing you should consider, after the actual juice. The right atty has a huge influence on flavors.

5 Likes

Try newer recipes. Not that those with most ratings are bad (they surely weren’t), but the equipment has changed a lot in the last years and often less flavor is needed + lots and lots of newer and better flavors came out in all this time. Most rated / best rated recipes from 4 years ago would not necessarily be rated very high these days.

PG from one manufacturer can be harsher than from the others, but i would surely believe SmokyBlue that DripHacks is good.

5 Likes

Thanks for the help guys.

I am using a Valyrian 2 tank with throw away coils at the moment but I’m waiting on delivery of a RBA tank so maybe that will help,

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I will try a recent recipe and test the results. I appreciate all the advice everyone has given as I really am a novice.
Plus I’ve just read some advice on a different thread about storing PG/VG and think maybe I’ve ruined my liquids as they’ve just been stored on top of the fridge freezer in the kitchen so have been subjected to light and varying temperatures. The learning curve is much steeper than I expected but I’ll keep trying. Even though I’ve had very little success up to now I’m still enjoying mixing so thanks again everyone.

4 Likes

Again… try out your flavors in solos… from really low and see where it is you are tasting them. Take notes… It will make a difference in your mixing, as most recipes are built for those that write them, using the devices they own… You might just be surprised :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve never found a recipe that was “WoW!” for me. Always had to change something up for my taste buds. The only thing highly rated recipes mean is that a lot of “other” people either liked them or the author. Commercial juices are worse for me. Rarely find one that I like much at all. That’s the beauty of DYI. Once you start catching on to what works for you things get good, real good.

3 Likes

I will do that and thanks again your advice is much appreciated

2 Likes

Thanks for the input I will keep working at it anyway cause I’m sick of buying commercial juice and throwing it away cause it’s rank.

2 Likes

@Scootinio I noticed on many of your replies where you replied to someone, you linked their profile page. That is fine by the way, but I was wondering if you just wanted to “tag” them instead. Like…

@Scootinio

Either way is fine.

2 Likes

Not really sure what I’m doing to be honest. How do I tag them please.

2 Likes

Sorry for not having read the whole thread, it will probably already be suggested, but repetition in this area is never wrong. If you feel the flavor is muted, it’s most likely because those popular recipes use too much flavor. Try lowering the % instead of increasing it.
A lot of flavors already contain additives that have muting properties. Adding more flavor will add more muting additive and have an opposite effect. You’re also going to numb your taste buds vaping that stuff.

I’ve never been a huge fan of those “popular recipes”. There are a few but the real gems are hidden in the unrated recipes for me (and my equipment).

2 Likes

@Scootinio Just put an @ in front of the name. A popup will show with suggestions while you type.

2 Likes

You’re doing good @Scootinio. To tag someone you just put an ampersand (shift + 2), no space, then their name, like …

@Scootinio which comes out like @Scootinio.

2 Likes

@anon28032772
Never knew that. I’ve probably learned more today in a few hours than I have in about 6 months of messing about myself thinking it’d be easy.:joy:
Thanks s lot.

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer
Thank you very much.

2 Likes

@anon84779643
@TorturedZen
@Mikser
@SmilingOgre
@SessionDrummer
@anon28032772
Thanks everyone I will put all your advice into practice over the next few days.
You’ve all been very helpful it’s much appreciated :+1:t2:

5 Likes