Vg/pg- what comes first?

Right a question for someone or all maybe, I have recently taken to DIY mixing ( oh what fun!!)
I used to vape pre purchased 70/30 mixes ( diamond mist mainly ) I always thought that the first number ie in this case 70 was PG and the second was VG (30) am I wrong as looking at the everyone else on DIY section VG comes first ??? went on diamond mist website and they insist there mixes are 70pg/30vg , can anyone shed some light
LIVE LONG AND VAPE HARD !!!

Most vape shops that I have been to sell their stock liquid as 80pg/20vg or 70pg/30vg unless you request something different. Many folks in the DIY world vape subohm and prefer higher vg content in their liquids as it produces more vapor and a smoother throat hit, therefore we often place vg first in our descriptions.

3 Likes

STEWY YOU STAR !!! , so I have been diy mixing and sticking to 70pg/30vg which is right ,as thats the way i like it uhuh uhuh ta

Traditionally it has been PG/VG, but in the vaping community people have taken to say VG/PG - itā€™s confusing, and people usually have to say for example 80VG or max VG or something like thatā€¦ Most use more VG than PG nowadaysā€¦ I remember when liquids were only PG :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

yep cheers , good stuff knew I would find my answer here !!!

1 Like

I tend to put 70/30 vg/pg people tend to know what I mean :grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™ve always labeled pg/vg, just because ā€˜pā€™ comes before ā€˜vā€™ in the alphabet. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Ahhh, those were the days. Iā€™m glad theyā€™re over!

5 Likes

I always try to stay as close to 80% VG and 20% PG as the recipe(s) Iā€™m mixing at the time allows ā€¦

ā€¦ and then some of us quietly rage at the people who put VG first when talking about their ratios.

I guess it doesnā€™t really matter as long as you label it "PG/VG"or ā€œVG/PGā€ but I think most people assume PG/VG if you donā€™t specify.

Still, it vexes me when people list VG first.

3 Likes

When people ask me about my mix ratios, I usually say 80% VG or 75% VG depending on the actual ratios ā€¦

Iā€™m a pg/vg guy. Itā€™s easier. Alphabetically. :nerd_face:

Personally, i do VG first then PG
I am noticing my recipes do better with 60VG 40PG as far as flavor.
I was doing 80VG but as they steep my flavor goes away.
Its sad because i love a smooth, big cloud hit. But in my worldā€¦flavor prevails!

1 Like

Yupā€¦ for some folks, a higher PG content is a must; Iā€™m one of those. :wink:

I was hard headed in the beginning and didnā€™t listen to @daath when he said PG was the better solvent for carrying flavorā€¦ I made a great amount of tasteless juice and kept wondering why! After I experienced a blind taste test (my wife helped me with this experiment) using 2 different base mixes (50p/50v v.s. 20p/80v)ā€¦ Only after that experiment was I convinced that (for me) PG was indeed the better flavor carrier.

In my notations, PG will always come before VG, because thatā€™s how Iā€™ve written down it from the very beginning of my mixing life. To each their ownā€¦ but folks should always notate in their scribblings to the world, which solvent in their base takes higher precedence.

60P/40V v.s. 40V/60P = Who caresā€¦ right? Just notate it. :grinning:

3 Likes