VGOD Pro Mech2 Kit are the Cons a deal breaker?

5 Likes

You look like you got really soft hands

6 Likes

Another nice one @Dan_the_Man. I’ve not taken on any mechs yet, but your review has me contemplating…

3 Likes

I’m not sure if I should be offended or Complimented. One thing for sure though; That was hilarious.:rofl::joy:

Now that is a compliment for sure. Thanks for that. I had to get this one out because of the sale they are having. I didn’t want people to miss it if they were interested, so the humor might be lacking.

3 Likes

Yous my brother from another mother
signed
Loyal Subscriber

6 Likes

@Dan_the_Man great review as usual. The only thing I want to point out is positive side down, not up. The reason for this in the unlikely event of a thermal runaway it will vent out from the positive side and the holes on the button are made for that. Most properly made hybrid mechs are made for the negative to make contact with the RDA and venting on the bottom, away from your face.

With mechs it is important to figure the venting in case of the worst possible outcome. Always best to vent away from you face so look for the venting which PROPERLY made mechs will have. They should always vent away from.your face, the Vgod is sent up properly but positive side down which they should explain in the instructions.

With the upcoming fight we all have coming I should post a proper mech safety thread, if one already exists please let me know. I will consult with @woftam who is also a mech enthusiast to make sure we are all safe.

5 Likes

I would be happy putting a battery in positive down in this one since it has a Delrin Sleeve and it would vent away from your face if something bad happened. As i mentioned in another thread recently if it has no delrin sleeve then I would be happier with positive up.

4 Likes

I would have to double check the buttons on both my Vgod mechs but if I remember correctly there both meant to vent positive side down. The 3 holes in the switch is meant for that if I am not mistaken.

I think we all should meld our collective knowledge on mechs considering the impending legislation that may start in the US, but spread to the rest of the world. I prefer regulated mods but mechs are more reliable in the long term.

4 Likes

Ya, I agree if anyone ever has any mech questions there are few people on this forum that can certainly shed light on things.

As @Dan_the_Man mentioned battery safety is not to be ignored and your life will be a whole lot different if you don’t pay attention to it. There will be a first mech mod for everyone (if they choose to go mech) so any questions you have should be asked and the answer not found out the hard way.

There are obviously 2 different ways to put a battery in a mech and there are pros and cons to both orientation (depending on the design) my first focus has and will always be preventing a dead short the vent away from the face is always nice too should something go awry. The best mechs are ones that allow you to have both (insulating sleeve inside the mod and positive of the battery away from your mug) unfortunately both of these are not possible with some mechs.

I can’t speak to the performance of the vgod but from a safety standpoint, it looks pretty good and would suit a new mech user as Dan mentions.

5 Likes

Good Point

I didn’t know that, but it does make common sense.

This is actually the first tube mech I have had in years. I alway’s thought they were to expensive for what it is. I still believe that but wanted a tube mech and was lucky enough to have @HealthCabin send it out.

To be honest, I didn’t think and didn’t check either, that the 3 contact points wouldn’t connect at the positive side. I checked, it works.

Ok then, thank you, gentlemen, for your wisdom and knowledge, if I do another mech review I will endeavor to do a better job of it.

4 Likes