Video Edit

I feel like it should be an easy fix.

I think if I get a microphone and do the audio seperately it might work that way because every video I find is like that.

3 Likes

First try rendering the video to see if the problem still exists in the rendered file. Using separate files for video and audio is another whole bag of worms.

4 Likes

I tried it and no go

I know but that is what everybody does or so it seems.

3 Likes

Before spending money I would try one more thing. Try a different sample rate setting in Resolve. If it is set for 41khz try 48khz and visa versa.

5 Likes

thanks for the help. i will try to find the khz and see what it says. i just have to figure out where :grin:

3 Likes

thanks you @TorturedZen that means a lot.

Respect.

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t figure out how to do that but I think I finally got it. Now I have to make the audio better.

3 Likes

Sounds and looks good. Youā€™ll get it down. Takes time.

4 Likes

I could hear you but maybe a microphone headset would work better. Or else maybe shorten the distance to your mic. :metal:

3 Likes

thatā€™s a good point. I hadnā€™t thought of that. I do have headphones with a mic but the audio is even worse when i use it. i have been considering a decent microphone. as a musician, you probably use quality mics but do you know a decent mic that is around 50 to 100 bones? Donā€™t know why i havenā€™t asked anybody yet.

oh an i apologize to everyone in this thread and any others i post in but my shift key on the left donā€™t work and i canā€™t capitalize certain letters! For the exclamation point i stretched hahaha

3 Likes

LOL @Dan_the_Man you got MY kinda luck. Keep on posting, capital letters are highly overrated anyway !!!

2 Likes

i would reply with an emoji but i donā€™t see them.

3 Likes

I canā€™t give you a full tutorial on mic purchasing on the forum. I canā€™t type for that long, but here are some pointers:

Dynamic microphones for around $100 are available with very good quality. Problem, you have to be right on top of them. Most singers almost cram them in their mouths.

Condenser microphones can be sourced for around $100 but are sketchy in quality. They are generally much more sensitive and donā€™t need to be placed as close. They require power called phantom power usually provided by a high end camcorder, audio mixer, or audio interface.

If you choose to create a seperate chain for audio thus using a separate track in your video editor, it is still best to record the audio via your camera as well because you will need to synchronize your tracks. Some video editors have the facility to sync audio tracks.

I am not well versed on USB mics. Canā€™t help there.

The folks at Sweetwater, www.sweetwater.com are fantastic at helping find solutions for audio needs. Call them and get hooked up with a sales engineer donā€™t just shop online.

4 Likes

+1 @SmilingOgre, Sweetwater rocks !!!

3 Likes

You know it! We (da band) started out with different sales engineers. When we realized we were all buying from sweetwater, we consolidated to one engineer. He knows the whole band, he knows what we are all using. We often get discounts without asking. Anything goes snafu and they are on top of it. Weā€™ve had a couple of returns that were very latent as we had not got around to testing the stuff. Still no problem. A1++++++ rating in my books.

3 Likes

awesome, thanks for the advice and link. Every think i learn about doing you tube videoā€™s says there are two things that are more important than the content. lighting, audio and audio being the most important. Unfortunately i have had issues with audio from the beginning.

3 Likes

Glad to help. Where I fall short is in terms of budget. I started out 15 years ago with audio. I can do it right but I literally have thousands wrapped up in equipment and years of study. While that is not necessary for the production of a good youtube video, Iā€™m simply not familiar with low cost solutions. As an example, Iā€™ll capture my video and audio and put it all into Adobe Premiere Pro and build the the general sequences. Then Iā€™ll export the audio only from Premiere and import that into Cubase 10.5 and work it over. Iā€™ll render that from Cubase and re-import it into Premiere. Sync up the modified audio and mute the original audio in Premiere. For my wifeā€™s teaching videos I just purchased a Rode NTG+ shotgun mic which goes on top of a 3ccd Panasonic camcorder. Just did an outside video cooking brats and the results were amazing. Her voice is crystal even through all kinds of background noise. The cost of this stuff is amazing. Iā€™m using Pro-Sumer video gear and what I just mentioned would cost just over 3G. Pro equipment would be 15G at least.

Iā€™m not writing this to deter you. Just know that when you are watching the likes of DJlsb or MIke Vapes you are competing with some pretty sophisticated equipment. I know what they use, and it didnā€™t come cheap. I think you can upgrade your audio with reasonable cost but it will take some digging and some wise choices.

4 Likes

The only mic Iā€™ve used is the Shure SM57, but it was mainly for micā€™ing guitar cabs. @SmilingOgre sounds like he can steer you in the right direction. :metal:

3 Likes

Damn nice mic especially for how youā€™re using it. Wonderful at a close distance. Itā€™s one of those I mentioned that is great quality for around $100. Iā€™m just afraid by the time @Dan_the_Man gets it out of the camera view he will have to yell to get enough volume out of it.

4 Likes

AND, snare drums !!!

3 Likes