Video editors, any input on Topez Labs video enhance

Downloaded a 30 day trial and it seams to have potential. Did an upscale from 1080 to 2160 and it looks pretty sharp. Just wanted to troll for any input prior to buying the thing.

6 Likes

I loved it for de-blocking and upscaling 480 (Non HD) clips. But for 1080>2k>4k It’s not as good as SD>HD.

4 Likes

Can ogres troll??

That almost feels like a double-negative. :laughing:

4 Likes

Not familiar with SD>HD. If I google it I only get explanations of the differences between the two resolutions.

2 Likes

Sorry, I should have made it more clear.

With “SD>HD” I meant when converting/upscaling from SD (Standard definition) to HD (High Definition)

3 Likes

Kdenlive for linux is Free and Open Source, there’s a windows port…

2 Likes

I’m still currently toying with Mint …

1 Like

Mint is ok, their package management is a bit wonky from my experience in the past but prefer Fedora based systems, DNF is wicked wicked.

2 Likes

I’ve probably hopped around from 7-8 Linux Flavours from Nix to, Suse, to Debian Based to Arch and Fedora… But Fedora is the one I’ve always enjoyed the most… But each have their own quirks, the only ones I didn’t care for were the Ubuntu/Mint varieties.

2 Likes

You ever try Kdenlive? I’m not sure how it matches up with others but I haven’t done much more than splicing clips together and whatnot for my streams. It’s a bit hard to navigate but I managed to do small things without reading documentation.

2 Likes

No I haven’t @Joel. I’ve heard of it, but never used it.

1 Like

I’m still using Premiere Pro, and Elements.

1 Like

I use Davinci Resolve Studio for editing and color grading. Topez is an upscale utility for if you end up with say a chunk of 1080 that you want inside a 4k timeline. I did buy it and it works pretty well. Just insanely slow. It goes frame by frame.

2 Likes

Hehe, I KNEW @SmilingOgre would know what’s what…

1 Like

Wowza … :open_mouth:

1 Like

Perfect expression. Just over one second per frame. Ten second clip takes about five minutes. A 30 minute clip would take about 13 hours.

2 Likes

I use Premier Pro, Davinci Resolve Studio, Hitfilm (FX Home) and Camtasia depending on the required result.

2 Likes

I used Premier Pro until I started collecting BlackMagic cameras. I just can’t get the same quality of color grade out of PP. The studio version of DR came with a couple of the cameras I bought new so I transitioned to doing editing in DR as well. I snagged the speed editor which makes assembling a timeline a lot more fun. Once I picked up some Tentacle sync units and using timecode in DR I was totally hooked. DR will produce all of the deliverables that I need. The only thing I wish DR had was the ability to manipulate workspaces like PP. I do miss that.

2 Likes