Vintage aircraft

The boy had a college assignment to complete at a museum so we drove down to the Palm Springs Air Museum and thought I would share some pics…

There are more but the uploader is giving me problems…

12 Likes

That’s friggin awesome! Thanks.

3 Likes

Those are fantastic. When one of my boys went to Castle AFB to see the aircraft and and sorta museum. I got to be a chaperone. My favorite was the three of these they have on display

Awesome looking aircraft

7 Likes

Hmmm. The quality may not be too good. These two are sitting on the runway her getting ready to do a side by side take off.

5 Likes

I would love to see a Blackbird up close and personal. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I’ve seen a couple of fighter jets take off and the sound and vibration is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced.

1 Like

They are awesome. The pride of the museum is the Angela, a fully functioning B-17 bomber (my personal favorite aircraft). It’s too bad there wasn’t a good vantage point to get a good shot of her in the hanger. I did see her fly a few years ago and I can only imagine the fear a squadron of these unleased over enemy territory. That beast is loud!

2 Likes

we have the jets going over doing their manuevers and it is so loud its crazy the amazing thing is how far the runway is but they prepare alot sooner than one would expect bc of the speed

3 Likes

Love the vintage planes , thanks for sharing!
Here is one that I always love to watch , it’s almost vintage.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That. Was. AWESOME!

2 Likes

I can watch those planes all day.I don’t get to see them much anymore but they still make me smile.

2 Likes

I grew up in Germany and the A10 Thunderbolt II was the ground support for the units stationed at the base I was at for 7 yrs. It was almost on the daily that we had fly-bys that were very literally just above tree line. We all came to know and respect the sound, the power and the ability of the Warthog. One of my all time favs. Such nostalgia!

2 Likes

Check this out
My brother-in-law is a aviation artist

http://www.jerryandersonart.com

2 Likes

Wow, I really should take my boys to the Duxford aircraft museum here in the UK - http://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford

I went twice as a youngster and it was breath taking.

3 Likes

Those are fantastic! IF I had money to spend there would be a couple or three that I would get. Thanks for sharing the site.

2 Likes

You should totally go, that looks like a fantastic museum. The one here isn’t anywhere near as polished.

2 Likes

Hey I just got a new badge for this. Thanks you guys!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your pics! I love seeing the vintage planes!

1 Like

My pleasure. I’m a bit of a WWII nut so I don’t need much of an excuse to go.

1 Like

3 Likes