"Visible to Followers Only" Setting

@daath
Think it might be kinda cool to have a setting to make some recipes only visible to the people who are following you. I feel like this would greatly encourage users to be more interactive on the recipe side of ELR.
Just like a check box where the “Make recipe Private” box is, like “Make Visible Only to Followers”.
I have recipes that I don’t really want to make fully public, but would still like to share with people I know and appreciate. I feel like this would really help bring the community closer on the recipe site, and encourage more feedback.

6 Likes

I like the idea. Or make visible to those we want…like could select. Since I think anybody can follow anybody.

1 Like

Yeah, it could come in handy to be able to ‘tag’ someone on a recipe to make visible to, but I have so many folks I would like to share with on here, it would be hard to list them all each time hah. Easier just to tell the folks I want to see it, to click “Follow”. I would use a tag feature for WIP for easy access for help from others though, for sure.

1 Like

that is a very cool idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@mikelej14 super smart idea

1 Like

Hmmmm. Someday I’ll have a follower. Lol. J/k. I don’t post enough recpies.

1 Like

Dude your recipes look great! I have a couple captured in my local Notes, but I’m on “pause” DIY temporarily, so haven’t mixed sh*t …and depressed about it …couple more weeks :flushed:

I think my thing is why create something when there are a thousand excellent recipies waiting for me to adapt and mess up. I’ll have to more to post in a few weeks…but after that I don’t think I’ll have a unique one for 6months.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t do a lot of unique stuff either. Never considered myself much of a creative person. But that’s cool cuz like you said, so much out there to try, and adapt, and love, and hate, and…yeah. :wink:

2 Likes

Out of all mine, i have only adapted 3, and only temporarily. I made enough %, brand, flavor changes, and additional flavors that they have since been deleted and readded as my own. And those are just popular requests for clones (unicorn milk, strawberry cheesecake, and blueberry heaven) i get from people so had to basically use a baseline and work off it initially

1 Like

you’re not gonna make them wear robes and chant silly things are ya?

1 Like