Wait, a minute, ..... what ? (Things that make you go Huh ?)

OK, you ever come across something that doesn’t really fit into the “Things that made you smile today”, or “What made you mad today”. Well HERE’S your place. I just ran across something today that fits RIGHT into that category.

7 Likes

Ok, so ummm Australia, Woman, Cake Eating Contest, and Death ?? !!!

https://news.yahoo.com/australian-woman-dies-cake-eating-contest-083511806.html

3 Likes

wow… that is something else… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

You’d be saddened to know how many people have died from aspirating food into their lungs too.

4 Likes

“had a seizure after she "shovelled a lamington into her mouth”

” Lamingtons, a traditional Australian dessert, are cube-shaped sponge cakes dipped in chocolate and covered in grated coconut”

So sad, but “death by sponge cake” I can imagine worst ways to go out

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of it, but now I want some !!!

4 Likes

I know it looks delicious, all we have over here is Hot Dog eating contest, I’d rather choke on that than a Nathan’s !

7 Likes

“Police said the death was not suspicious [but incredibly stupid] and a report [and memes] would be prepared for the coroner [and internet]. :joy:

8 Likes

Well, we know who lost… did they say who won?

6 Likes

Nope :laughing:
It got about 10 seconds on the news last night.

They are yummy - but I wouldn’t eat them quickly - the coconut sticks - as we now know!

I feel bad for the woman who died tho :frowning:

6 Likes

Hey where is the little Chinese dude that usually wins… he was so tiny but that dude could wolf down some hot dogs!

4 Likes

I’m not laughing. Nope not doing (while I almost tinkled my pants over this)

4 Likes

You are missing out! One Aussie classic. I don’t think we stole this of the Kiwis. :rofl: The best ones have jam and cream in the middle too.

downloadfile

6 Likes

Nah, you can take the honours for that one mate.
Personally I think they suck the big one.

8 Likes

Only cause they were invented by Au not NZ lmao Garry

9 Likes

Lamingtons? One of the best, if not the best culinary concoctions ever invented :crazy_face:. Sponge cake, chocolate and coconut. What’s not to like? Reminds of the time I knocked off a lamington “slab” all by myself. It was a single lamington measuring about 12” square x 2” high. Man it was good :drooling_face:. And yes @marsh8, the jam & cream ones are pretty tasty :yum:.

7 Likes

And the Darwin Award goes to…?

7 Likes

Isn’t it obvious?
The cake!

6 Likes

Definitely the coconut.

(stringy textures suck. Same reason I hate pineapple. lol. Yay for flavors!)

6 Likes

It sounds like a delicious cake! Imagine standing next to her… You’re just about to take your first bite when you see her having a seizure from her first bite. Imagine the reaction you’d have???

I’d be thinking (eye bulging and dropping my jaw), “WHAT THE FUUUUU…??? NO way man! WTF’s in this Sh*t??? Oh HELL NO!” Then slowly pace the cake back on the table and go wash my hands as I hold them in the air like a surgeon does so I don’t tough anything! :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes