Washington State

I haven’t had a chance to catch up yet… I will tomorrow, @fidalgo_vapes

You should have at least taken a pic lmao :stuck_out_tongue:

but that is great news… will see what is happening and post back!

however, you know I have flv on my site… havent had time for the singles yet… not sure if I will carry them or keep on buying when I have orders…

3 Likes

(It’s about North Dakota; mods pls transfer it elsewhere or open a new thread if needed).

Copy-paste from reddit

HB 1064 in South Dakota is being debated on Tuesday. Included among the typical flavor bans is language that makes simply possessing flavored juice punishable by up to 30 days in jail.

It also classifies “flavor” as either the flavor or simply the aroma of the vapor. It’s one of the most draconian bills I’ve seen.

If you’re in SD, this will criminalize flavored DIY entirely.

Link to the text of the bill: http://sdlegislature.gov/Legislative_Session/Bills/Bill.aspx?File=HB1064P.html&Session=2020&Version=Introduced&Bill=1064

This looks completely insane. I really hope this won’t go through.

34-46-2. Unlawful actions. “possess a flavored vapor product.”

^^^now that sucks the big one!^^^

34-46-22. Seizure and destruction of flavored vapor products.

34-46-20. Tobacco product includes vapor product.

^^^^^ this is what I really hate^^^^

I hope it doesn’t go through either :hot_face:

2 Likes

Yeah. I can see it now…
“what you in for?”
Quitting smoking.
“oh you’re haaaard!”

I’ll say one thing though. Before I left the court, I’d tell the prosecution and judge both to eat a di…ketone if I was actually convicted. :rage:

3 Likes

“Convicted of possessing a food flavouring” :rofl:
That sounds completely riDIKEulous!

I thought my states legislation was bad… don’t these people have anything better to do… :astonished:

2 Likes

I can see it now.

AP, Spokane, Washington: Betty Crocker and Chef Boyardee were arraigned in Federal court today on charges of intentionally flavoring products intended for human consumption. Both face the death penalty if convicted. The Flavorless Life Council is praising the arrests, stating that “No one should have to be exposed to flavors. It is outrageous in this day and age to think that there are still major cabals controlling the seasoning and flavoring of any product. We fully support the progressive approach the State of Washington is taking in the fight against pleasant taste, and we sincerely hope that Ms. Crocker and Mr. Boyardee feel the full extent of the law.”

5 Likes

Pffbbt. Chef Boyardee would never be accused of using flavor… :rofl: :wink:

5 Likes

It didn’t go through it seems, so all good. For now.

3 Likes

I can’t figure out how the works. I don’t know where to put a new post and I know you’re a shop owner I assume in Washington State. you are totally up-to-date on the legislation that is being heard tomorrow in committee? cuz I’ll put it into simple words and basically it means people like me will never be able to vape. if they outlaw flavors and making flavors in DIY as well as limiting us to 10 mil bottles of eJuice and no online purchasing it will be impossible for me to vape without being a criminal I am chronically ill and cannot get into the stores on my own to buy things and my stores have gone out of business as it is. I have to rely on online sales. are you aware of the hearing tomorrow

3 Likes

and as of tomorrow if we don’t stop this in Committee hearing we are going to lose our rights to access vaping products. They will be required to be so small we would only be able to buy pods. no online sales will be allowed. we will not be allowed to have more than 2 mg of nicotine in the maximum size 10 mil bottles of eJuice we’re allowed to have. DIY will become illegal. tank sizes will be a minimum of two Mill size. taxes or not those numbers are undoable. would anybody like to see the actual legislation and maybe contact the guy in charge of this committee? I’m a bedridden Vapor I rely on what I’m able to order and I don’t see how they could force the size of our containers as that is showing a direct push towards making us buy one product I don’t think the government is allowed to do that? am I going to go to jail because I have a falcon tank? the taxes are nothing compared to the rest of this legislation that is being voted on in committee tomorrow February 20th 2020. how do I post CAASA Call to action in the Washington topic?

2 Likes

CAASA Call to Action Washington
this is going before committee tomorrow. or today?

SB 6254 is a monster bill that would severely limit consumer access to low-risk vapor products.

Here’s what the most recent version of the bill would do:

• Impose a 37% retail tax on flavored e-liquids. This is in addition to the existing 9c/mL tax.
  • Establish limits on bottle size (10mL), cartridge/pod sie (2mL), and tank size (2mL). As with other provisions, this is obviously an attempt to adapt the EU regulations to the American market.
  • Restricts sales of vapor products in flavors other than tobacco and menthol to adult-only retailers.
  • Prohibits vapor manufacturers from selling/shipping direct-to-consumers.
  • Establishes a product standard (which states are prohibited from doing) banning the use of nicotine salts in e-liquids with a nicotine concentration higher than 20mg/mL.
    Update - 02.18.20)
    SB 6254 is scheduled for a PUBLIC HEARING on

Thursday, February 20, 2020
3:30 PM
S. Ways & Means Committee
Senate Hearing Room 4
J.A. Cherberg Building
304 15th Ave SW
Olympia, WA

Please make plans to attend this hearing . Even if you do not plan to speak, your presence is important as it demonstrates the large numbers of people affected by this legislation.

Prior to the hearing , please make one very important phone call to Senator Steve Conway.

Points to include in your emails, phone calls, and spoken comments:

• Tell Sen. Conway that you are opposed to SB 6254 ( specific points about this bill are listed below )
  • Briefly, share your story about switching to vaping and what role that flavors played in helping you switch.
  • Note any health changes you’ve experienced.
  • Briefly, discuss what losing access to local vape shops will mean for you (Will you shop out-of-state, in neighboring cities, or online? Will you make your own e-liquid at home or purchase products on an underground market?).
3 Likes

they’re trying to outlaw diy. :fearful:

1 Like

It’s more than diy, and they are also stabbing themselves in the foot by trying these so called restrictions.

3 Likes

I get really confused and I make no bones about that fact but did you see the proposed legislation I frantically tried to get posted somewhere in here? I’m pretty sure I saw your familiar face so to speak and just copied and pasted it into a reply?

3 Likes

Yes

you did good… I hope those that can show up, will. I hope Wa state can stop the insanity.

3 Likes

I am not a Shop owner …Maybe ome day though :wink:

Not completely

Im not aware and ive seen No calls to action , the only Bill I know of on the floor is SB 6254…

This is not taking away Flavored Eliquid , it is limiting it to Over 21 stores…This is probably our best bet , these standards are similar to the EU …Its a lot better than a ban…

1 Like

i wouldnt worry too much on this issue , unless they Ban liquid Nicotine all together

1 Like

Dont get me wrong , i think its all bullshit butbwe are going to take it in the ass one way or another …

1 Like

Bringing this up just gives them more ideas on how to attack DIY

1 Like

Weird I got no Call to Action

2 Likes