Watermelons

Oh yummy. Obaoba and watermelon. Can you see me taking a mental note

2% watermelon FA
1% watermelon INW.
1% obaoba.
0.25 rassberry FA
1% marshmallow FA

3 Likes

Thank you, kindly. I will gladly try and let you know.

2 Likes

I am in the process of working on a
Strawberry 6
Db Watermelon. 4
Sweet watermelon 2
Cyrcus Cotton candy .3
Marshmallow 1
Well that is not working at all but just getting going to drop the sweet strawberry .I used organic strawberry but got some LA coming along with cap and TFA marshmallow .
I have always liked strawberry in any thing and been playing with watermelon good little bit. earlier this week added 2.5 mils of 8% double watermelon mix too a cutwood unicorn clone 7.5 mil boy at first bad really bad pop my rta off and grabbed another one .next day I was away from home low on juice only thing in my vape bag was that bad stuff well being desperate tried it and from a juice that was not usable to pretty good I can see a watermelon adventure starting out again for me .

1 Like

If you want a sweet Jolly rancher style watermelon look for LAā€™s clear watermelon http://www.bullcityvapor.com/watermelon-la/

a mildly sweet more realistic watermelon is red summer FA http://www.bullcityvapor.com/watermelon-fa/

Probably the most realistic yet still a lil tricky to get the %s just right d/t it is an Extract not binded in pg nor vg so it is super concentrated is Medicine Flower ( MF ) watermelon -AKA Lotus at ECX http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/lotus-flavors/watermelon-flavor-by-lotus-flower.html

Then my favorite is Delosi which is sweet yet real to a degree taste is fantasticā€¦
http://www.delosi.com/flavoring/fruits-and-nuts/watermelon.html

Before you buy any of these remember most places offer a discount check under the resource tab on the calculator (ELR ) site for details

BCV- ELRECIPES 6% off
ECX - ELRECIPES 10% off

8 Likes

Iā€™ve tried most of the watermelons on the market.
Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve found:

FA Watermelon at 5%: Unlike the rest of FA, you gotta use a high %. Itā€™s a natural tasting watermelon, with a good amount of sweetness. Itā€™s nice, I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s bland, but itā€™s not a main flavor.
MF Watermelon at 0.5%: Doesnā€™t live up to the hype. Incredibly aromatic, natural tasting, but somewhat bland. Vapes like FA Watermelon, but less sweet. Not sure why it has a large following.
TFA Watermelon 6%: Tastes very synthetic, and is more on the watermelon artificial gum flavor. Canā€™t say Iā€™m a fan.
CAP Double Watermelon 5%: A little bit more sweet and sour balanced than the rest. Kinda of like a middle ground between natural and artificial. Not bad overall. Packs a punch better than the rest of the watermelons.
CAP Sweet Watermelon __%: I have not tried this watermelon, but I called Customer Service at CAP, and they explained to me that Sweet Watermelon was more of a Candy Watermelon vs. their Double Watermelon.

I gotta say most of these flavors are hard to use as a up front in your face flavor option. I still havenā€™t found the perfect Watermelonā€¦ but Iā€™ll keep trying them out.

3 Likes

Hey nice flavor points ! I have found only recently that the only way I can get a decent rounded flavor from MF watermelon is to blend it with another watermelon and mostly I have come to the conclusion that TFA watermelon at around 1% has the smell strong enough to cover that disgusting nail polish smell I get from MFā€™s watermelon and when the two are combined at least I get the aroma from the TFA ( at small doses it still gags me at higher ones ) and then I get the MF watermelonā€™s rind taste after it steepsā€¦I have to use MFā€™s around 1-2 drops per 10 mls and then let it steep for a while around 3-4 weeks.

I like LA Clear watermelon itā€™s a viable option to off set the stinky MF watermelon and I may try working with it as a combination of the two but it too is candy like and is a sweeter one so itā€™s hopeful.

Guess I am saying try to blend a few of them to your desired taste. I also took notice you did not mention Nicotine labs / Delosi Watermelon which is the best watermelon imho.

1 Like

Personally Iā€™ve been testing TPA watermelon, LA clear and LA with the coloring. Yea I know I shouldnā€™t be using the LA with the food coloring but to me it has a different and better taste.

1 Like

I just tried TFA and it worked really well with my LA Melon in a Mix with Menthol.

1 Like

To be honest I am really liking the combination of FA and INW watermelon together. Iā€™m also finding its balancing really well with other flavors.

Iā€™m not even sure what mix Iā€™m vaping right now. But itā€™s cactus orange + more orange and watermelon

3 Likes

I have a tank full of that very thing right now lol.

1 Like

Me too must be a summer thang ! Hereā€™s mine Iā€™m vaping on

Summer's Nectar

Ingredient %
Cactus (INAWERA) 1
Coconut Extra (TPA) 0.5
Jamaican Rum (FA) 0.4
Lime (Flavorah) 0.2
Orange (FA) 0.75
Pineapple (FA) 0.3
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 1.5
Strawberry Shisha (INAWERA) 3
Watermelon (MF) 0.3
Watermelon (TPA) 1.75

Flavor total: 9.7%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

even has the two watermelons there ^

2 Likes

That needs menthol and mint. I will make that tomorrow. Itā€™s supposed to rain.

1 Like

Let me know how that tastes Maureeenie !

1 Like

Iā€™m either vaping cactus water or a tigers blood. Iā€™ll know when I pull out my recpies. Hahah. I just know itā€™s the v4 with a different twist on the orange. I know Iā€™m a dork. Lol. Still a beautiful vape.

1 Like

Thanks to all who made comments. Iā€™ve surmised that, apparently, watermelon is somewhat of a hard to find ā€œgoodā€ flavor. As a noob DIYā€™er, I am actually ā€œlookingā€ for a sweet, candy flavored watermelon, specifically for a good watermelon jolly rancher recipe. Iā€™ve wasted so many ingredients trying to come up with my own watermelon jolly rancher recipe, only to finally accept the fact that I need more experience to actually come up with a recipe of my own yet; at least, a watermelon jolly rancher flavor. Iā€™ve mixed all kinds of combos of sweet, tart, hard candy, jolly rancher flavors with almost all available watermelon flavors and just had to bag the idea for a while. I just recently found a recipe that I actually liked and could vape [well, 2, to be precise] and Iā€™m sticking with these two totally unrelated [from watermelon] DIY juices until I know more. I really had no idea going into this that it would be so difficult to make e-juice. I have new respect for those who actually are good at this art and figure it will take me a year or two of working with flavors to begin to understand all the intricacies of mixing. Itā€™s similar to learning to be a chef and one just canā€™t expect to be good at it just because they have the tools. In the meantime, thanks go out to all who have made recipes on this site that are delicious and that I can benefit from their expertise while learning. And if anyone does have a good watermelon jolly rancher recipe, Iā€™d love to try it.

2 Likes

Hi Exluvah ( I like that name hee hee ! ) just curious if youā€™ve tried LorAnnā€™s watermelon ( Clear ) they make one that has coloring in it , itā€™s available at wal-mart in the baking isle. Anyway, that watermelon is very candy - jolly rancher like. Also, do you have FWā€™s Hard candy by chance ? Iā€™d start with these two and see where it takes youā€¦ you may decide to throw in , in small portions a green apple or a candy one and maybe some grape as well !

1 Like

I will do that!

1 Like

This one of Alisaā€™s sounds GOOD ! http://tjek.nu/r/4TCk I may play around with the %s just bc I wouldnā€™t be able to tolerate that much extreme ice !

1 Like

On that watermelon hunt again lol what would you say the difference between INW and FA Watermelon is?

Lol. Itā€™s funny. Iā€™ve never vaped them solo. I just mix it with FA. I hadnā€™t been very scientific about it. Which is pretty lame on my part. Iā€™ve been alittle more research mode on watermelon.

I got in RF sc, clear la, and nic river. But the odd part is that I didnā€™t build a test recpie with just inw.

1 Like