Weak battery but fully charged?

I bought two new green efest batteries off of ebay. I fully charged them but my mod keeps saying weak battery. I also tried them in a friends mod and the same thing happens. What could be the problem ?

2 Likes

Shortest thread ever. :laughing:

10 Likes

I bought other batteries on ebay and never had this problem. Maybe my charger is faulty.

3 Likes

If it is only with the efest I would blame them first they are not the greatest as @Sprkslfly hinted

7 Likes

Possible, but unlikely.
Given that:

• you’ve already tried them in a couple of mods and got the same results, that speaks to the likelihood of the batteries being to blame…
  • eBay is a known dumping ground for counterfeit batteries, that speaks to the likelihood of the batteries being to blame…
  • eBay is a known dumping ground for batteries that did not make the grade from the manufacturer, that speaks to the likelihood of the batteries being to blame…

Efest is far from a trusted brand to start with.

It’s just not worth the risk to use eBay for the single most critical component (aside from nicotine) in vaping IMO.

And if you need a bulletproof charger with all the functionality, then Opus BT-C3100 is the answer (if it actually is your charger that turns out to be the problem.)

9 Likes

@Sprkslfly is dead on. May I also add that imr.com is another quality place to pick up authentic batteries.

7 Likes

And when you are looking for authenticity or original manufacturers products. Think LG, Samsung, Sony in 18650 Lithium Ion batteries.

8 Likes

Geez @robin, your not having a good week!.. these things (off flavour… dud batteries… etc, etc…) are sent to test us, I’m sure! Persevere!

7 Likes

Yes it has been a rough week. Where do you get your batteries from ?

5 Likes

Ok thank you. Ill go place an order.

3 Likes

I get mine from a trustworthy Vape supplier called Vapourise. I can highly recommend them …if you live in Australia.

4 Likes

Ok, thank you.

4 Likes

Does the charger work with all your other batteries?

5 Likes

As others have stated, it’s most likely the batteries. When I was first moving into the realm of 18650 batteries, it was explained to me like this: If they don’t make TV’s, DON’T buy their batteries! This means sticking to Sony, Samsung, LG or Panasonic for quality cells.

I really like the Sony VTC6 and the Samsung 30Q. Both batteries are 3000 mAh, and are fine if you’re not pushing them past 75 watts for a single battery device, or 100-ish watts in a dual battery mod. Some places I’ve shopped for authentic cells are:
www.illumn.com
www.imrbatteries.com
www.orbtronic.com

These vendors also have the Mooch’s Seal of Approval, which is why I went with them in the first place!

5 Likes

I raced remote control 1/10th scale RC cars professionally for 5 years. We used sub c batteries. The batteries we bought were medical grade and sent through a specific matching process before they were sold as matched sets. I would pay $300 for 6 matched batteries for racing.

You can study " false peaking rechargeable batteries" and learn a lot.

As the batteries would wear out after a season they would weaken. We would save these batteries for practice and general testing new gear. One trick we used was to mass dump. This is DANGEROUS! “danger Will Robertson! Danger!!” I had a set of 6 car brake light bulbs in series. I would hook them up to the battery. As they lit up and just as they started to fade out, disconnect them. We would recharge, let them cool and do this 4 or 5 times. This would sometimes bring them back to life. Keep in mind getting our batteries to dump as much power as fast as they could was our goal. I have seen them :fire::fire_engine::ambulance:EXPLODE from this. Like hand grenades.
:name_badge:
Disclaimer. Do nothing I do. I played with matches and gasoline as a kid.
:name_badge:
All that said we were using high quality batteries to start with. They were not junk from the start.

5 Likes

Yes most of them. Some of my batteries are pretty old .

2 Likes

I’ve been having a lot of good luck with the nitecore 18650 batteries. 2600mAh ones are the biggest that will fit in our stuff btw.

4 Likes