Well... There goes Happy Thanksgiving

Well…, once again, another bad Thanksgiving… My immune system fucking sucks! I don’t usually get sick, but yesterday I was feeling like shit when I woke up, (gotta pay bills) so I went to work anyways… I got to feeling worse as I was there & at times I started dozing off, so I went to the office and told my supervisor what was going on & tht I didn’t wanna chance wrecking anything, so I clocked out and went home, went straight home to go to bed as tht’s all I felt I wanted to do… Got up later & I still felt like shit… the ol’ lady took me to fast pace, where I eventually found out I’ve got Covid… So now we don’t get to host a Thanksgiving dinner… What a fuckin bummer! Idk if we’ll even fix anything for us for Thanksgiving now… It just makes me wonder what done it…, I worked out in the cold & rain day before yesterday, but back on the 20th I went to a new dentist office & there were papers I had to sign tht was sounding pretty well like I’d get Covid being there…, so now Idk if I even wanna go back to tht dentist office… Shit sux… I hope everyone else has a Happy Thanksgiving tho!!!

10 Likes
3 Likes

Hang in there @St3v0.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear this. Is this a Steve O thing? Cuz i can relate all too well. Fell kinda meh yesterday. Woke up today with a super sore throat. Last year was ok, but the 2 consecutive Thanksgivings before that i got Covid. Hope you feel better soon

6 Likes

@St3v0 sometimes, when you’re sick on a holiday, all you can do is bundle up, and wait it out. In the meantime, I will assault you with Dancing Turkeys !!!

6 Likes

Damn, that sucks, but as they say: it could be worse.
I truly hope you feel better soon.
In the meantime, here’s this:

5 Likes

Hope you feel better soon @St3v0 :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Sorry @St3v0 , is this the Happy Happy Thanksgiving thread ?

3 Likes

Kinda…, I just felt like ranting & wishing everyone else a happy day…, enjoy it with who you can, for no one knows what tomorrow may hold…, Never take anything for granted!..Thanks to everyone who chimed in, it all helps…, a lot!

7 Likes

Sry to tht about you, tht’s my main issue… My throat hurting…, other than my fever keeps spiking & it feels like someone is just constantly smashing my f*n head in with a sledgehammer

2 Likes

@St3v0 when I had it, had a bad headache for about a day, and the rest were like flu symptoms for maybe another few days. I hope yours follows that track.

2 Likes

don’t know if this will help or not, but a friend of mine had covid and to help with the headaches they used just a tine bit of Tiger Balm in the middle of the forehead. Said it help tremendously. Haven’t tried it myself as it’s rare for me to have a head ache, but thought I’d mention it. Feel better soon.

4 Likes

I joined you for Thanksgiving only with a cold. A nasty little bug my wife brought home from school. Put me down harder than the last four bouts with Covid did. Still was a pretty nice day. The night before my wife cooked Cornish Hens, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing and gravy with peanut butter pie for desert. Very nice meal. Thanksgiving she went to her sister’s but I still had a nice day with Bleu (cat). I’m fine with that. They put on a great feed but the rest of the day is boredom central complete with the mandatory Christmas Vacation video. A lot like watching paint dry for six hours. I tinkered with this and that and got in some nice naps.

5 Likes

My wife still runs a restaurant and like yours teaching school, its like swimming in a petre dish. FWIW we take a weekly dose of Ivermectin along with daily supplements and it works. I know this is controversial but its made a believer out of us.

3 Likes

Well put. It’s a “culture” for sure, lol.

4 Likes

I think i may be the only person on earth that hasnt had covid. Thankgiving wasnt great for me either though. I been dealing with some gastro intestinal issues everyday for the last 9 months.

3 Likes

Damn…, sry to hear this, I thought my ol’ lady & I were the only ones that didn’t catch it, but then this came up…, but it’s one of those variants too tho…, I think we caught the actual Covid19 back in November 19’ as we got sick AF, went to the doc. & all they did was give us steroids…, after tht I never got anything, up until this…
SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein antigen!

3 Likes