What am I doing Wrong?

I have 2 Asgard Minis and they both spit back small particles of juice into my throat. Am I wicking them wrong, is my wattage not high enough (65W) with fused Clapton with 3 ID? These are the only ones that do this.
Any suggestions are appreciated!

7 Likes

Can I see your build? I’ve not had that problem with any of mine. You might need tighter cotton through the actual coil.

8 Likes

@Lynda_Marie as soon as I get done cleaning up from cooking parents dinner I’ll go downstairs and show it

5 Likes

Here is my build

8 Likes

Sounds like the you’re flooding the bowl and the coils are in the drip. Drop your wattage till it stops.

8 Likes

@TimWV, you’ve already got great responses above. @Lynda_Marie nailed it, as my experience has always been, if there is any spitting, popping, it’s almost always loose cotton in the coils. @rcleven also hit some nails, in regards to flooding the deck. Too much juice can also make things complicated. I’ve never fully fell in love with RDA’s, for some of the reasons you mentioned.

Did you mean you can or have used OTHER coils in this deck without issue ?

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer I’m sorry that wasn’t worded correctly. I meant to say my Asgards are the only RDA’s that do this not the coils. I believe after taking advice from @Lynda_Marie and @rcleven the issue was resolved by re-wicking with a little tighter fit and lowering my wattage by 5 watts.
Thank you for the advice

8 Likes

Thank you @rcleven for your help, I do believe the issue is resolved

8 Likes

@Lynda_Marie Thank you very much, I think your suggestion very well may have resolved the issue

8 Likes

8 Likes

Your welcome. I have an Armageddon RDA that spits little balls of juice out the air intakes if I add too much juice when I squonk. It happens more often if the bottle is just filled . Burn that extra juice off and it runs fine.

8 Likes