What am i missing dripping?

Dayuuuuyyyyum…lol
It’s just strange to me, I have no issues .taking coils but I guess it’s wicking that’s doing this.
I don’t get it maybe later I’ll rewick the velocity and try again.

I didn’t mention I like temperature control the best and use it the most.
Could that be why I don’t enjoy the RDA Experience??

On the squanker mods subject, I remember when folks started trying that out in 2009 and loads of people loved em.
Squanker mods aren’t to crazy priced compared to alott of mods out there.
Think is the chip YiHi or Evolve chipsets are a firm price so anyone building anything,your 100 dollars into it before you build a enclosure.
So all mods that are built to sell will always top 150.00
BTW I’m building a DNA200 mod that’s a pocket mod meaning small,ill photo it when done .
I’ve waited for parts forever to get a couple parts.

Now guys I’ll take a pic in a lil while to help with my RDA issues thanks for the help so far.

I should mention that I am not a TC guy. I lack the experience with TC and for lack of a better excuse, I’m just too darn lazy. I like to keep things simple and try to not over complicate my vape. The 316L stainless wire has been a godsend to me and I use that strictly in non TC mode. I love this stuff.

2 Likes

I’m beginning to feel the same way about TC. At first I was like…yay! Now, I’m like…meh. To each his/her own when it comes to the fiddle diddle of what they want to deal with in a mod and wire. Some folks love the challenge though and bully for them.

2 Likes

I’ve made a dual parallel box and it was time consuming so i can see where the price point comes in

4 Likes

as a matter of fact I think I’ll fire it up it’s been a while…

3 Likes

Did you just use the bare copper for positive connection? I want to seal the 510 varitube connections I have on the DNA200 mods I’m building, if I could recieve my dang
Battery tabs.

So is that bare copper for both positive Battery contactS on the mod you built? Does it work ok on the keystone sled?

The dripping thing I font get YET.
TC is annoying to setup but once its setup well heck I get a throat choking great Vape at 50 joules

all the wire is bare copper

1 Like

There is a learning curve with TC. But once you get it… YOU GET IT!!! I haven’t vaped a VV/VW mod in over a month. I think it’s a different kind of vape that won’t appeal to some people. Vaping is becoming more advanced and I like riding this wave. I think at some point in the future, vapers will have a coil - less head. Then it’ll be pure juice. Right now Ti is as close as it gets.

1 Like

I’m beginning to wanna try stainless, I’ve heard great things about stainless.
Matter of fact 304 staunlesss is available to me now locally but only in 20 awg & I’ve never used any wire that thick

The newest Smok x box will be TEMP ready for stainless in 2 days.
The DNA 200 board has a coefficient feature to allow temp control on any metal.

2 Likes

BTW, I’ll try dripping another time…lol

1 Like

@601VaPoRs, You shouldn’t feel like you’re “missing out” by not dripping. The flavor difference between drippers and some tanks is negligible at best. I’ve not tried the newest Smok tank but hear great things abouut it. The Atlantis and Atlantis 2 tanks truly suck for flavor. But (and keeping with those that have replacable coils) the Subtank does a decent job, and I’ll argue this one till the day after Judgment day, the Delta II can’t be beat for flavor. If you enjoy what you’re getting from your tank of choice, and it’s not driving you mad with leaking or dry hit issues, then you aren’t missing out at all. I have my Freakshow on my desk for testing new flavors. Among my various RDAs it seems to provde the purest flavor I’ll get and if a liquid is good in that I know it will be good in a tank too. But you won’t catch me out at a picnic or concert sporting that dripper and bottle of liquid. I’ll have my trusty iStick 50 and Delta II - happily making flavorful clouds and missing out on zip.

3 Likes

I love dripping though. I’m new to diy but been vaping for a little bit and I find I keep my Doge v2 on 90% of the time. Best flavor chaser I’ve found and the clouds are lovely. I haven’t tried that new Smok but hear great things. I may try that before I say drip over tank but for now its this doge. I find the way you wick varies on each build but once you find the right balance I prefer it. Makes it easy to switch up flavors as I find some flavors really tend to linger in a tank. I do have multiple tanks ready to go but the flavors from this Clapton are excellent and haven’t found anything that compares. Good luck to you on finding the right drip set up.

2 Likes

As to what you might be missing, probably not much actually flavor wise. The biggest benefit for me using a dripper (and others I suspect) is the ability to test new mixes on the fly. I don’t drip in public, and I only drip at work on Fridays. (ahem), and while sitting at my desk at home studying flavors I have steeping in my steep box or have just mixed.
Something that crossed my mind while reading your post was what PG/VG ratios do with drippers. I find higher PG juices in a dripper to be harsh. I have a PG sensitivity and it seems to be exacerbated with dripping anything over 25% PG. Maybe you have a PG sensitivity. It isn’t that uncommon. Lots of folks are. Drippers can often get much hotter, or operate hotter than tanks, so maybe that is why. YMMV

1 Like

I have drippers and tanks. I build staggered fused SRV coils in my Kanger Sub-Tank Minis (Clapton is a silly choice for a guitar string looking coil). For my Goliath I managed to fit dual Fused SRV coils in there. All running .2 to .4 ohm. I manage to get just about the same flavor from my tanks as I do on my drippers, no matter what coils go in the drippers. So my drippers are more used for quick flavor tests. If I like it, it goes in the tank.

1 Like

It should have been named the Hendrix coil! :sunglasses: :guitar:

3 Likes

Or perhaps Purple Haze, or Foxey Lady…Yeah, that’s the Ticket…

2 Likes

…or, could have been the “Allman” or “King” or “Johnson” coil!

Masters! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Perhaps the Metallica Coil. Notice the coil already illustrated…

2 Likes

Boy, do we know how to hijack a thread or what! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yeah, agreed. Still don’t care for the Clapton name though…Haven’t cared for Clapton since AFTER Blue Bottom Blues…

2 Likes