What am i missing dripping?

Ok, I figured beginning type of question.

I can’t get into dripping.
The velocity sits collecting dust & never gets used.
It’s got dual titanium coils & like a warmer Vape but I can’t seem to get a compromise between tight enough draw and not to much wicking I ‘think’ is the issue.
Kinda stinks to me it’s like I can’t get a coil warm enough to Vape from or I get it to hot & can’t get enough air with a decent draw that’s enjoyable.
Also I get such gist clouds & flavor from the crown tank, I’ve heard fathers mention the Crown @ 70 watts is like a dropper vapor & taste.
Do you guys agree, any tips ? I’d like to try it to a basic level at least I could get some variety until my next Crown tanks make it here.

1 Like

I like my tanks but I LOVE my drippers. My authentic Velocity sitting on the Snow Wolf 200 smh theres just no other way I would rather vape.

Drippers for me bring out more flavor than tanks. I will say that I didnt like dripping at first because I couldnt get the wicking down. It does take practice, and yes it will suck if you dont do it correctly. Put too much cotton and you will get dry hits because your coils are blocked and juice cant flow. Put too little and your coils will get hot where the cotton lacks and you will wind up burning the cotton. Both scenarios, no bueno.

You just want the right enough tension when pulling back and forth once the cotton is inside the coil. Best thing about drippers is its easy to rebuild and rewick because everything is right there for you out in the open. Dont give up my friend, you will regret it later I assure you. Practice makes perfect.

26 gauge dual coil 316L SS wire on 3mm bit

My go to setup

4 Likes

Honestly I have a few drippers and I just don’t care for dripping …I’m a tank guy . With all the improvements of tanks these days I don’t feel like I’m missing much . I do believe dripping provides great flavour and airflow and can totally understand why people love it I just hate having to drip ! That’s why I’m looking into a squonker

4 Likes

Ahh squonkers! Yes! Love me some squonker mods. Just not powerful enough for me. Im a regulated guy and 50w just doesnt cut it for me.

DNA200 squonker? YES PLEASE!

My S-BODY and Geyscano 50w squonk mods

3 Likes

I drip when I’m testing out a new mix; 15 ml worth. If it’s good I’ll make another batch and tank it the next time…tastes even better, usually.

3 Likes

See I have the opposite problem. Juices taste different to me in tanks (muted) than in drippers (full on flavor).

3 Likes

I’m sure I do not have near the coil set up as you either. I do dual nano coils, single wrap, around .6 ohms and usually never over 28 watts. That’s typically how I roll with just about every set up I do.

5 Likes

I prefer macros, sometimes 2.4mm but almost always 3.0mm. Preferred load ranges from 0.2 to 0.3 . Kanthal A1 choice wire is 24g, 22g on full mechs. @Pro_Vapes got me started on Ti wire but I much prefer this 26g 316L SS wire. Dual coils for life!

2 Likes

Oh, forgot…usually always 28ga nichrome 80.

1 Like

Haven’t tried the SS yet, but I want to.

2 Likes

Etsy.com has a pretty nice selection. Make sure its the 316L though.

I’m not much of a TC guy. Maybe in the future as it evolves more. :shrugs:

2 Likes

I usually drip unless I’m in the car, then I use my Lemo or Delta II. The Velocity is my go to every time. I’ve been vaping it with a single parallel clapton 26g core/32g kanthal wrap at 65 watts (istick 100w) and I love it. I keep the top air holes closed as it provides better flavor and the bottom holes fully open. Make sure your coil is level or just slightly higher with bottom air holes and not below them. The flavor is awesome and the clouds are nothing but fantastic. This works really well for me.

3 Likes

if you pm me your address I could send you some I have a 10 lb roll…

2 Likes

I have a Lemo 2 I use in the car. Kindred spirits you and I.

1 Like

Which one do you like better ? And where did you find your attys?

Well, the s-body’s chip isnt really all that efficient. It blows through batteries like crazy. They Geyscano is a bit better on battery life but it has a wonky button in that when you press it after its been sitting for a while you have to press it once to turn it on and then it will fire.

I have the Zenith V2 clone on the s-body, and the geyscano has its own dripper that came with it.

They’re ok but not the best. Both cap out at only 50w. For most this is more than enough power but it doesnt fit my style of vaping. I single coiled these around 0.5 ohms. I prefer the .2 to .3 range.

1 Like

I have a vapor flask squonk clone coming in sometime in the next few weeks . Im anxious to try it . It says it does temp control but it’s probably the same garbage chip as in the other reg flask clones . its too bad that nobody has put out a squonk that can handle over 50 watts …probably due to sizing from needingmore battery power

2 Likes

Theyre out there, just gotta dig deep and have deep pockets. Sigelei chips, IPV chips and DNA chips, they are out there. And youll pay for it too… 400 to 500 or even more depending on platform and application. All hand crafted of course.

2 Likes

That’s a bit too rich for my blood ! Plus if it’s going to need two hands to hold that kills it for me !

2 Likes

Size is comparable to whats already out there. Youre paying for the craftsmanship of a small team or sometimes one person. Dont even get me started on waiting lists. LOL.

1 Like